Part 3 ✧ Lycans & Lunas ✧ Chapter 10

Selene's POV

I've been thrown into the portal, appearing in the middle of a dance floor in a nightclub. My ankle is still bleeding, so the first thing I do is limp my way to the nearest bathroom in a panic.

I grab a bunch of paper towels and sit in an open cubicle over the toilet seat to wrap my ankle and apply pressure.

I inspect the damage, it felt a lot worse than what was done. I theorise that Oni could have hacked off my whole foot if he wanted to, but he just pierced my skin with one blade, and it's a rather shallow cut from a frozen claw which was rendered almost immobile by the spell. He just managed to snag me back.

Only to throw me into Onyx's very own Lycan Nightclub. Why? Just to torment me, apparently.

The door slams open and when I look up to see who it is, I expect the worst.

"Selene," it's just Silvia! She pushes the door shut behind her, her long blonde hair is in perfect waves over a shimmering red dress, she wears black high heels and lots of beautiful bracelets, "I saw you straight away. What the hell happened to you? And how did you get here?"

"I'm trying to get away from Lycans and their whores," I tell her direct, "I don't know how long I've been running for my life since demons became real, but I need a god damn break – Juniper and Geraldine are with Sardonix. Do you know if he'll kill them? Or hurt them?"

"No he won't," Silvia immediately shakes her head, "No way – my son doesn't kill for fun... at least not anymore. I've taught him otherwise."

"Well that's reassuring," I can't help but be deeply sarcastic, "...Oni, he..."

"What did those bloody Sentinels do to you?" Silvia seems to be on my side, looking worried.

"They tried to eat us, Silvia," I laugh a bit, hysterically, "Apparently they have an uncontrollable appetite for witches... and the cherry on top? Is they have no souls to consult, to know when to stop and fucking think before they kill."

"I'll talk to Cleo about their behaviour," Silvia notices the door opening from a female trying to enter, and she kicks it back shut, keeping everyone else out.

"You're only thinking about their behaviour? Seriously? They're fucking insane," I drop the bloody paper towels and I stand back up, walking to the sink to wash my hands with soap, I avoid looking into the mirror at all costs, "Will Onyx kill me?"

"Onyx doesn't kill bitches that he likes –" Silvia explains gently, but I can't handle being referred to as a bitch.

"I'm not his bitch," I hiss through clenched teeth.

"If you calm down," Silvia uses a more firm tone, "I can help you. I'm the Lycan Queen – Onyx is the Lycan King. We keep demonic order and mayhem contained, as best as we can."

"I burnt down the Lycan Temple, I doubt very much that Onyx will want me to live without some kind of horrific punishment, if murder isn't his first choice," I finish cleaning my hands and I turn to Silvia.

"How did you end up here?" Silvia asks, confused.

"Oni made a portal and threw me in, to hurt me, I think," I explain, looking down at my gothic ballet shoes in shame. I can't believe I had hope at one point that he would keep to his word and protect us.

"Honestly, don't be offended Selene, but I think you're confused," Silvia actually laughs, "Where did you get the idea they wanted to eat you?"

"When he admitted it, after I accused him," I explain, glaring into her eyes, "How is that funny?"