Chapter ✧ 10

The Eclipse

Destiny was here.

It's all set in motion 7 days after Carmen helped set the trap. My mark would activate – and the moment it did I would lose control of my mind. I wasn't sure how that would feel.

Well; it felt like possession. I was staring at the moon over my apartment balcony and my senses started to dull. My vision tinged red.

And I started to move.

I turn toward the empty apartment and I see Carmen also acting a little strange.

She's looking at me and her eyes are –

"Your eyes are red," we whisper to each other simultaneously.

My eyes lower and I see a glowing mark coming from underneath her white t-shirt, near her hip bone.

"Carmen," I speak, pointing.

She tries to hide it, but knows she can't any longer, as she pulls up her shirt to show her hip.

"I didn't tell you... but... Onyx marked me too," of course Carmen tells me now, blushing with a small level of guilt.

"To breed?" I ask. It was too late to argue. We had lost control of our normal senses. The red was getting darker. It was getting harder to see.

"No, I – well, I –" Carmen abruptly stops talking and her eyes now glow from red, to pure black.

Her expression goes blank, and she turns and starts to walk.

I follow, suddenly senseless.

****

It's a jarring transition.

Bam. I've returned, completely disoriented. Time and direction are erased.

I get my soul back while standing in the middle of the dark forest, curiously back to back with Carmen. I immediately intertwine my hands with hers when I realise where we are. And we're both completely naked, out clothes tossed aside somewhere else.

The eclipse shadows over us, in full transition. We are in the perimeter of a circle in the Corridor to Die.

A short relief.

The trap will be set.

A voice of a familiar Lycan commands from the darkness of the trees, which swallow him from our weaker sight.

"Bend."

Oh, damn. Listen to that hungry demon.

Onyx is close and watching us, his voice echoes all around, eating its way into our brains.

I don't like that I cannot see him just yet.

Carmen and I bend our knees, as if that one word – bend – is all our souls need to hear to know the exact movement he wants. Not forward. Down.

We hit the soil, kneeling, hands still clasped as the only link to our will.

I'm staring at the ground, ears perked, my mind awaiting more instruction.

I feel my courage suddenly slam back into me.

Come for me you furry freak! I remember the encounters like yesterday, despite the years that have passed since. Last time Onyx completely owned me. Fucked me. Took my pleasure and made it a mark against me. Now it was my turn to prove I was no longer a fucking chew toy.

The ground vibrates as he moves into the clearing.

But not in front of me.

Carmen squeaks, and I look over my shoulder to see his furry paw on the back of her head, pressing her face into the ground, ass up. A humiliating pose.