Part 2 ✧ Chapter 2

Cleo's POV

Silvia holds my hand and takes me to the cleaning storage room, meanwhile the walk to the mop is quite interesting.

Every Lycan in human form with the red crimson eyes, Onyx's pack, are all looking at me, after hearing a word or two about who I was from their Lycan King. I am a target, I feel it, and instead of feeling terrified, I feel a little excited honestly. Maybe I am insane to feel that way. But I just enjoy the demon's purity of attention. So purely focused on nothing else but their desire, there was something beautiful about it. I feel shiny and special and sparkly. Mm. Lycans were really something else. It's because they felt too, loneliness like my Anubis, abandonment, heart ache, emotions they rarely expressed in full clarity, but they certainly felt it all through their entire bodies, as similar as any supernatural or mortal being. They had souls, they were just drenched in a hot, feverish darkness, bred for protection and guarding duties.

Silvia winds me around a corridor out of sight from the Lycans and she briefly walks me past the cleaning closet. However, before I can take note of what's inside, she turns to me with a finger to her lips and keeps tugging me further along.

She runs, her blonde hair billows out mischievously behind her and I run to keep up with her.

Silvia runs me down into the den, bypassing all the open guest rooms, where some naked girls are already awaiting the Lycan's return. It could almost be considered a brothel, but I know it's just that these girls are the willing sex slaves to their favoured Lycans.

Silvia takes me right to the end of the den, and we enter a much larger master bedroom with fairy lights, a black walled chamber with a bed full of red silk sheets and art of forests at night on the walls. It smells of sex, pheromones and pine.

Silvia walks to a cabinet holding special liquor behind a glass wall, but she rummages around in the bottom draws, before turning around and showing me the prize treasure.

A credit card.

"Now don't you say a word, because I have an idea," Silvia warns me not to speak so I purse my lips shut obediently and listen intently with my hands clasped behind my back, "...not literally, Cleo, I'm just saying don't tell anyone I'm doing this... by anyone... I mean Onyx, okay?"

I keep my lips pursed and shake my head, agreeing.

Silvia sits on the edge of the bed and turns on a tablet, searching for something on the internet.

I peep over her shoulder, and see her looking up hotels.

"I'm getting you a proper bed," Silvia explains, looking at me over her shoulder, "Just for a few nights until I can work out something else for you. You said you were banished, correct?"

"Correct."

"Do you want your magic back?" Silvia asks me, "You're not a very good mortal. No offense."

"What on Earth do you mean by that?"

"You're too damn cute," Silvia smiles warmly back at me, "Don't worry, heheh, I was only teasing. I decided I'm going to help you get your magic back. You need the help. I'm going to provide it. There is always a way with demons, I promise. I'm also going to help you find your mate, too."

"Oh my, thank you so much, friend!" I jump on the bed with her and lay down next to her, watching to see how she scrolls through the results, "Wow, what a large list that is there," I'm mesmerised with the internet, "Can I have a go, please?"

"Not yet, I want to book you something first," Silvia admits.

"You really don't want me to work here?" I ask, a little hurt.