Part 3 ✧ Lycans & Lunas ✧ Chapter 4

Selene's POV

"Let's get a disguise," Juny takes the lead into the forest, leaning us to a lonesome mud puddle, she dunks her hands into the mud and picks some up, so it drips through her fingers, "I could never really explain – until now – but this magic inside me, is deep in my blood. I know it. Without reading it or learning. It's just a part of me. When we cover our faces with this – every inch except your eyes, we will be invisible. As long as we do it to each other. Geraldine. Selene, come closer."

"Let's get started then," I smirk and Geraldine is still wincing with all the sounds, certainly amplified until her brain adjusts to the new sense.

"...I love your voices, girls," Geraldine says quietly, blushing with excitement and love, "And my voice sounds so weird."

I watch as Juny steps forward to paint Geraldine's face in mud, while I take a moment to survey our surroundings.

"It's fine, Gerry. Where should we go, Selene, once we are invisible?" Juny asks.

"Into the forest, as deep as we can go, we'll trek all night," I say, as it's already late afternoon.

"What about roads?" Geraldine asks, worried, "Shouldn't we find a road?"

"We don't need roads, we need help, we need our Lycans," I don't mean to say it so sultry, but I can't help sounding like that. It's just how I sound without trying. And the idea of finding those Lycans who called us by name... it excites me.

"...you want the three strange beasts who did not take us to hell that night...?" Juny sounds excited too, "You are right Selene – they did not take us... when they could have. We could ask them for help. But how do we call them?"

"I think they will come to us," I touch my chest, over my heart, "...and we will call to them if we have to."

"Speaking in the dark will attract all manner of monsters, including the ones back there," Geraldine lowers her voice and looks around us, worried they are probably stalking us to make sure we don't stray too far, but soon it wouldn't matter, because soon we would literally vanish. Gerry's face is now covered in mud and it's my turn.

I step toward Juny's mud-covered-hands and she smears it across my forehead and cheeks, rubbing it in.

"We just need them to hear us – we have no one else to help, we are no longer safe in the facility, in mortal hands, so we can't go back there," as I say it, Juny and Gerry are in instant agreement.

When my face is covered, Gerry and I pick up a handful of mud each and paint Juny's face together.

"Why did the devil choose us?" Gerry asks.

"I think I know why," I answer, maybe unexpectedly, but it makes sense to me, now that a curse is lifted, after the contact with demon blood.

"I think I know too," Juny smiles, "We're smokin' hot."

"I was thinking, we're insane...ly... hot?" I laugh.

"That dog back there wanted to eat you up, Selene," Geraldine speaks of Onyx, "But we are not sluts like those three whores. Their minds were bent. Carmen, and the Queen and Princess. For the Lycans."

"I noticed that too," I agree, "They've been marked by them, is my guess. They're enslaved for eternity to those dogs. So let's be careful when asking for help to the ones who were kind to us."

"Careful not to take in those long johns," Juny purses her lips.

"...oh I noticed them too," Geraldine bites her lip.

"In Onyx's own words to his whores – let's go for a walk," I pick up their muddy hands and we walk into the forest together – now vanishing from sight with our magic.