Part 2 ✧ Chapter 19

Silvia's POV

Present Past – The Night Of Cleo's Passage into the Present Future.

Deep Fever Nights was surrounded on all sides by the magical Forest of Four Truths. Present Past and Present Future – a gateway to see to the other side. The waiters and waitresses seemed to know, and didn't interfere with any rituals.

After the dessert, Cleo was semi-attacked by Magnus, as instructed, and thrust into the Present Future, passing into a gasping portal, requiring energy in return, the price to be paid for the gift that just walked through the restaurant doors out into the dining area.

My heart is pounding in my chest.

Exactly when Onyx said he may arrive.

I had been hoping so hard, my nails were digging into the table cloth, as the restaurant doors opened to the outside... and out they walked.

All eight of them.

One man, backed by seven Lycans, in a fog of Astral Projection.

"We received the invitation," the leader of the pack... very clearly Sardonix, with my hair and Onyx's eyes, he stands in the middle of all the tables, the centre of attention, "From Onyx," Sardonix nods at him, "We're alive – and in 30 years, you are all alive as well –"

My hand is now on my mouth, while my eyes are filling with tears.

Onyx has disturbed Sardonix's speech by wrenching out his chair to stand, arms going up and out, as he walks into his son and embraces him violently mid-speech. It is the first time they formally meet.

Everyone claps and celebrates, while Sardonix embraces his father in turn, patting him on the back.

Onyx unclasps his son, looks over his pack of impressive Lycans, his children, and his crimson eyes beam with pride.

"Good," only one choked up word can come out of Onyx's tight throat, as he is ravaged with his heart's emotion.

Sardonix gazes past Onyx to me, and I immediately stand also, stumbling forward with my hands out for him.

When I reach my son, I clasp his hands, and I feel how hot his skin is, how hot his blood runs – healthy and strong.

I look my son over and before I can cry, Sardonix pulls me into a hug also, and holds my head to his chest.

"Thank you," Sardonix growls in my ear, "For trusting me when I said to leave us in Hell..." I nod, and he adds, "Now you know we all survive."

"Demons rarely die, my son," Onyx chuckles with laughter, "But we needed to know you survived and were not... well... damaged."

"Phantasy... he was tough as a father-figure, but not cruel," Sardonix admits, "He rather likes us, actually. Even so, I know you are my true father. Did you pay the price for our projection?"

"...yes..." Onyx answers, while I refuse to let go of my son, still holding him tight, because I know it'll be a long time before we meet again, before he's let out of Hell to mingle with us Above, "The woman we passed over into your Present Future, she's a gift to you, from the fae kind – her name is Cleo. Do with her as you wish... she's yours now."

Sardonix keeps a straight face, and doesn't really acknowledge that, instead, he puts his hand to my cheek and wipes away a tear, before gently pushing me back, as he warns me, "The time is brief."

"Be a good man," I tell him.

Sardonix seems confused by this, but nods, and Onyx asks for good measure, "Your names?"