The Lycan's Fairy ✧ 2

I expect to be underground. But it is deeper than that, as I am beneath everything. I am outside a pyramid shaped temple, set in the middle of sand dunes.

Everything is slightly bothersome to the senses.

It is not a mortal realm. The Under was disconnected from everything else. A great place to hide when you are a lonely demon.

A lonely demon in a temple, too.

I fly myself around the Lycan Temple, not a crack or a vine is in sight, and no damage. Only a perfectly maintained home for an Ancient Lycan.

Outside the front of the pyramid is a grey smoky aura.

My first audit.

The demon I have come to check on is lonely. Very lonely.

I keep flying around to inspect the perimeters, looking for any other thing I can audit.

I should be upset about being murdered, but I am more concerned what they will all think of me if I do not complete my first task. My Fate was taken from me by Feeb. It was a very mean thing to do to a Fairy, because we did not have souls, only Fates. But even so, I would prove her wrong and earn my Fate back!

I could survive this and return, even with my Fate absent and in her care.

When I completed my audit, I would appeal the court's decision to have me judged in a such a fashion. Fairies judged every other Kind, but not each other! That is the only thing that has truly upset me about this journey thus far, the fact I had been looked down upon and punished with a very difficult task.

After flying around the temple, I see no other signs of life, so I return to the entrance.

Flying directly inside, I see the temple is a place of many rooms – yet devoid of souls.

At the very centre of the temple is my demon I must audit.

He is sleeping, if not dead.

I approach confidently, flitting around the room, looking down at his form. Dressed in darkened bronze armour and a metal mask with hinges for his snout and jaw.

The eight foot Lycan is laying on his back, eyes closed, chest not moving, breath not seeping through his nostrils or his mouth.

Completely menacing, even from so far away.

I fly closer to check his vitals.

Hmm, what was wrong with him?

All around him, he seeps grey loneliness.

Such intense loneliness – which means he is very alive. Yet his heart is...

I have to get even closer.

I land my feet on his chest.

A Lycan was meant to very hellishly hot.

He is only luke warm.

His heart is thumping very, very, slowly.

In fact, I fear he is near death any moment.

The cause of his sickness?

I diagnose loneliness.

My heart jumps into my throat. How terrible for him to be this sick!

I fly onto his nose and stand on the top of his mask, looking down into his eyes.

The slits are closed, but they slice apart a tiny hair's breadth, and he looks up at the ceiling, his red eyes are a dull grey.

I understand why my Kind did not want to visit him.