Chapter ✧ 4

I gasp awake in a hospital.

I have no memory of the in between.

Other than – fucking Lycans.

And then?

Mental Asylum.

I'm in a fucking mental asylum.

I lie gasping, shackled to the bed.

Looking around me, I'm in a waiting area. One nurse sees I'm awake and immediately trots over, grabbing my bed and rolling me toward an open door. She says jack shit to me.

I'm rolled past a door that says Head Vampire Psychiatrist, Doctor Vos.

The bed is moved up into a sitting position, and I'm facing the vampire doctor, behind his desk, typing away on his laptop. He finishes something – then closes his computer.

And finally looks at me.

This dude could not look any more typical for a vampire. Forever young. Sly. Smirky. Blue eyes and curly blonde hair.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Vos asks me.

"Being fucked up by Lycans," I blurt. I'm too confused to lie, "Why am I here? How did I end up here?"

Doctor Vos' eyes go wide, and he licks over his fang in discontent as he opens a file and starts to read over some notes.

"You were found... wandering the streets of Dire Wolf City," Vos glances up at me, and I'm seriously so confused, "You have marks on your wrists – police detained you for attempting suicide."

"WHAT?" I almost scream it, then calm down as I look at my wrists.

Lycan claw marks.

They look distinctly like razor blades.

But they are not a suicide attempt.

"Okay, okay, you've got it wrong. While I don't remember walking around the streets – I do remember being punished in a sex dungeon with 9 Lycans. Onyx. Lycan. Nightclub. Look it up. I was there. This is all a mistake."

"How old are you?" Vos asks.

"18."

"Ahuh."

"What, why don't you believe me?" I whisper, wanting to panic, but also not wanting to sound too crazy.

"No, no, I... believe you," liar, "How did you feel being... punished... by these Lycans? Were you resisting? Or were you... enjoying?"

"I," I think about it, "This is personal – but I enjoyed it. I had a good time. It was scary, yeah, but, I really did have a... an adventure. A dangerous one but – I wasn't resisting or anything."

"9 Lycans ganged up on you, and you didn't resist?" Doctor Vos is terminally judging me right now, "Alright," he closes my file, and smiles superciliously. He pressed a button. A nurse comes back in, "Khloe – take her to the other room so we can talk."

A side door is opened – an exam room.

I'm wheeled in and the door is shut, as Khloe talks to the Psychiatrist.

"How long should she be admitted for this time?" Khloe asks.

Wait.

This. Time?

What was she talking about?

"I was hoping for short term, I thought all the symptoms had cleared up but at this rate she's a risk to herself... we may have to lock her up. An indefinite stay."