Part 2 ✧ Chapter 1

Silvia's POV

A young woman walks through the clubbing crowd, completely alone, in white jeans and a white top, she sticks out like a sore thumb in a room full of goths. She approaches the bar, holding my eye specifically.

I'm serving drinks, on a Tuesday night, it is pretty quiet compared to weekends.

The new girl jumps onto a stool, swings around a few times, her bob of black hair flying out around her flamboyantly, before she settles with placing her palms on the bar, catching everyone's attention for acting... just a little odd.

"Hello! My name is Cleo!" she says to me directly, very overly friendly.

"Hi, Cleo. Can I get you a drink?" I ask her professionally, "Actually... can I see an ID first?"

"Oh, well I didn't come here to drink," she wiggles her finger at me, "Oh no, I came to find some Lycans, but there are none here – where are the Lycans?" she swivels on the chair again, excitedly searching, making a point, before swivelling back to me.

"Can I see your ID please, you can't be under 18 and be in here," I won't take shit off a teen trying to sneak into our den just to cause trouble. She was acting too young and dumb, to be truthful.

"I'm an adult! I'm 20 years old, but I don't have an ID, okay?" Cleo answers me.

"Then how did you get past the bouncers without showing an ID?" I question her further.

"Oh, they didn't see me, I snuck in," Cleo keeps answering me, seemingly too truthfully. Or, she was just being a brat.

"You know, Cleo, if you can't show me an ID so I can confirm your age, you need to exit the premises –"

"No," Cleo closes her fist, and thumps it on the bar, her sweet demeanour changing to stubborn defiance, "I'm not leaving. I came to Onyx Lycan Nightclub, looking for –"

"Me?" a giant shadow is dwarfing her now on her stool, her naïve behaviour was like a magnet for monsters, and wah-lah, now she had Onyx – albeit in mortal form – on her ass.

Cleo is blushing to high heaven with my husband, Oswald practically flush against her, his arms boxing her in as he leans onto the counter, with her butt now firmly stuck on the stool until we can work out together who she really is.

Cleo glances over her shoulder briefly and immediately looks back at me instead.

"Oh, I found one, I found one!" she whispers in excitement, beside herself. It was such strange use of language. Now I am suspicious of her for a different reason.

"She may be a spy, a new police recruit?" I tell Oswald, "Don't let her leave until we know."

"Hey. No, I-I'm n-not a spy," Cleo quicky goes pale now, "I'm here looking for some Lycans I can help. I'm looking for a job. I'm great with Lycans. Like really great. You could say, I'm a Lycan whisperer," she seems to be self-reflecting about some previous memory as she bites her bottom lip and looks up at the flashing laser lights in the ceiling.

I believe her enthusiasm a little more now, but I am still worried about her age. Onyx can read me well.

"Why don't you have an ID?" Onyx slowly morphs into his Lycan, his suit ripping apart, as he snarls the question right into her ear – testing her resolve to fear, probably hoping she just sprints out.

Cleo warms to be a bit pink in the face, her ears shiver, but she doesn't get scared.

She looks over her shoulder up at his wolf head, and his teeth, and she stares in awe.