Chapter ✧ 13

Doctor Vos comes to my isolation ward mere hours later, knocking, "You have a visitor."

Wh – No way. My parents? Carmen? I was sure he wouldn't let anyone visit.

"Who?" I ask toward the door, confused.

I don't expect Vos' answer.

"Your human boyfriend's here. Cheeky, Silvia. You never told me you had a mortal partner... I've briefed him on why you're here," I didn't have a human boyfriend. But I bite my tongue, as Vos opens the door, "You have twenty minutes in a locked midway visiting room," he watches me look down with pretend shame, "...oh you don't want to see him?" Vos laughs under his breath, "Security – take her to room 6 please."

"No!" I yell out, pretending to resist, "No, please!"

Vos seals the deal by nodding at the guards and taking his leave.

I pretend to be too weak so I don't fight back for long. They grab one arm each. I struggle meekly, by twisting and turning before making my legs limp as they drag me out silently.

Every step the security guards take – I keep my head slouched to hide my real expression.

I was being pumped full of adrenaline.

At the mere prospect.

Of seeing him.

Human.

We finally stop by a door ajar – I look up – room number 6.

I try to prepare for what I'm about to see.

Onyx was ancient, so he must be old right? Or maybe his youth was eternal and he would appear my age. I prepare for anything. What colour would his hair be? Black? Blonde? Brown? Red? His eye colour? How tall would he be?

The security push the door open wider and usher me in. I stumble to the one couch, facing another couch.

Where I see black polished shoes.

My head is down the entire time in shame.

But as soon as the door shuts.

I look up.

He's drop dead gorgeous.

Onyx! In human form.

I'm surprised I don't fall off my feet but holding onto the couch keeps me steady.

Tall, he is fully matured. Giant in height for a human. Neatly groomed black hair. A freshly shaved face. Tanned skin. Even wearing a fancy watch, black pants and a white shirt. He could look like a handsome billionaire. His eyes, which I look at hard – are simply black with a red tinge of the Lycan underneath.

His expression, which I expect to be full of life – is stone cut and still.

He looks at me as I'm shaking, rounding the couch and taking a seat.

I sit, while basking in his ungodly glory.

"I'm thirsty," I whisper at him, voice hoarse, "And fuck you're too hot for a Lycan–"

"I risked everything showing my face to a vampire," Onyx speaks... and it's also too smooth. My jaw drops and he continues, "In front of others, refer to me as Oswald."

"Oswald? That's such an old fashioned name. How about Waldo, a bit cuter," I whisper, trying not to make fun of him, "Vos wants to kill me. They're starving me. I'll never get out, Waldo."

"Oswald," he corrects me sharply.

"Whatever. Get me out."

"Not before I explain to you what's going to happen when you leave," Onyx is controlling this, just behind the mortal eyes, rages that hungry demon, "You'll never see sunlight again. You'll traverse hell with me. You'll spend mortal days in the club. I don't like the sun, so neither you will."