Chapter ✧ 7

I keep passing in and out of sleep along the way through the forest, comfortable on Onyx's hot shoulder. As the forest becomes more open... I can hear police sirens, blaring and the red and blue lights go in and out of focus.

I think I spot Carmen's long blonde hair as she tumbles toward the police.

A pack of Lycans has promptly disappeared with their insane speed, clearing the scene of bodies.

I think I spot Doctor Vos – alive, with the police. He stands without a scratch.

Before we get too close, Onyx starts to run in another direction.

I lay my head down as I relax over his shoulder, giving into this exhaustion as the adrenaline finally dies.

And so does my mind.

****

I assume it's not too long later, and most certainly the same night as I wake up disoriented and still fairy tired. My tongue is like sand paper. I'm frickin' parched. Thirsty. So. Thirsty.

As I lie on my side, I hear a rattle of a chain link, and a weight around my neck.

The first thing I spot in the darkness, is a bowl of water in front of me. I immediately lean over to start lapping up the H2O.

I almost face plant into it, I'm so damn thirsty!

I open my lips and suck as much as I can up, whimpering uncontrollably when the bowl is empty.

Why was there hardly any water in this bowl?

I didn't even care that it was a bowl!

I just felt distraught it was empty. I finally look upward, eyes foggy, in and out of focus as I blink multiple times to see straight. I feel... weird. All of me. I can't describe it, other than; I'm eerie, and everything else is too.

I get the shock of my life when I see I'm not alone in this dark space.

I'm in a den? I think?

The room is almost pitch black, but fairy lights line the walls. Light hellish music plays.

The room is full of Lycans parading around their human pets. Naked happy females crawling around on leads.

It seems to be some kind of event. They're showing off how subservient the females are. I watch from the position I'm in, by one of the walls – chained to a loop.

Eventually I notice some kind of... King Lycan, sitting on a raised throne. No, the Alpha.

Onyx sits above them all.

The females are walked by him on purpose... and they have to lick his paws as they pass, between the toes.

Something inside me rages like a forest fire.

I sit up, and I glare over.

Everything human about me just flits away. All that is left is a possessive overreaching need to feel like the only one.

My heart rate increases, I feel – rejected.

But for that moment, as such despair ravages through my gut, Onyx looks directly over at me. Did he sense it?

Our eyes lock. Crimson to hazel.

Onyx bares his fangs at me, some kind of smile. The drool ignites and the interaction is brief.

"Bring me Silvia," Onyx commands the room, an easy command.

All the attention swiftly turns to me. As each Lycan looks over at me, one free one, alone and without a servant – comes over to grab my lead.