Chapter ✧ 20

I've fallen prey to Onyx's game.

His lust is a poison. My desire is my demise.

I can't remember much else after Onyx fucked me all day in my apartment. But the memory hasn't been deleted, it's been replaced by another experience.

While we mate for hours on end – I see another world.

Obsidian stands over a boiling blood cauldron in the blackest pits of hell. I can't recognise anything in this place, except light is only present from the evil energy emanating from the cauldron, and the fire underneath.

"This is your blood," the large Obsidian Lycan tells me calmly, "After you've had all your pups, you will have no further use to Lycanborn."

"Onyx is human-born," I protest, standing on the other side.

"I am Lycanborn," Obsidian retorts, and indeed he sounds fully evil incarnate, possessing no mortal bone, blood or sinew. Nor a soul.

"You can't kill me that easily. Onyx said I'm a Queen now," I whisper, hoping I get a rise out of this monstrosity. I just get a mildly annoyed glare and a low growl.

"You are no Lycan Queen, she who wore a crown birthed my pups and died in childbirth on his stupid arrival."

"Onyx is the youngest in the pack?" I whisper, confused.

"Yes, they were all raised in hell... by me... her skeleton remains where she died, in the birthing pit, wearing the crown. If you want to be a real Lycan Queen, go steal the crown that does not belong to you."

"I don't need her crown –"

"You're losing your mind right now, speaking to me is a sign of things to come, delving into hell – wearing the crown will restore your common senses," Obsidian tries to tempt me, "Simply come and take it," he leans over the cauldron, showing all his teeth as he snarls it, "...if you can!"

I open my eyes, after riding Onyx's cock from on top, thrusting my hips so hard, after my knees died a long time ago – I collapse onto his chest and hold him as his cock drains inside for the thousandth time.

Onyx has no idea what vision I've seen, but I want to hide the shock from my eyes by burying into his chest.

"Have another shower. Put on a pretty dress for my nightclub. A dress you can crawl in, my favourite colour is silver," Onyx licks up my jaw and ear, before jumping up and leaving me on the bed in a heap.

I sprawl out, looking out the blind to see the moonlight peeking through.

It's a full moon. The sun is gone.

I lie and contemplate everything, while I hear Onyx converse briefly with Sloan out in the living area before the front door opens and slams shut – emanating silence.

Did they just leave for the club?

Onyx expected me to obey without question.

After my vision, I felt I had no choice anyway. I wanted to stay close to him. Obsidian scared the hell out of me.

"Oh, Silvia?" I hear a sweet voice just outside my door.

I grab a sheet and pull it over me and the mess, before I huskily say, "Y-yes?" my throat is hoarse and sore from all the deep throating.

Carmen appears in the doorway, smiling, blood dripping down her chin and neck and all over her naked body.

She smiles – and I see vampire fangs protruding from her werewolf mouth.

"I just killed a police officer," Silvia whispers, raising her brow, "Looking for you. After you escaped the asylum – heheheh, hahaha!" she starts to chuckle and then cackle manically as she twirls around and runs away, to then return in a split second, with her new found speed... and a headless corpse carried in her arms. She tosses the dead man across the floor, grinning.

I recognise him. It is – was Tim.

Fuck.

"You just murdered my colleague," I say, in total shock, "My –"

"Ex-colleague," Carmen 'psshhts' me and flops her bloody hand at me, "Come on, we have to go clubbing!" she calls out joyfully as she walks out again to the kitchen, "Sloan invited me and Onyx approved my job as a bar maid. Woo. Woo. Now I'm making money and you're broke! Switch bitches."

Carmen sounds high or out of her damn mind.

I'm lying back in bed, knowing a corpse is just bleeding away into my carpet.

And she did not see anything wrong with this.

"Carmen!" I yell, "I was an escapee from a hospital! Now I'm an accomplice to a murder!" Argh, I guess I was an accomplice twice now, considering Vos counted, "And you –" Carmen appears in the door way, a finger to her lips, while she swirls a home-made cocktail.

"Don't be dumb," Carmen says, still relaxed.

"Carmen," I hiss, now sitting up, "How the heck did Sloan make you a vampire?"

"We kissed and fucked for hours, until he said if I die twice, and drink his blood, I'll wake up transitioned from wolf to vampire. I said yes, just because," Carmen shrugs, before pouting as she thinks inwardly, "I think I'm mad in love with Sloan. He's so sexy. I dream about him every night."

"He's killed you twice now –"

"Oh, I lied. Sloan killed Tim and let me drink his blood," Carmen admits, "He said I'd need it. It's a full moon."

"I'm very aware."

"Well hurry up and get ready, because we're all going to Descend to Hell from the Nightclub, and party with everyone else as fucked up as us. What could be more exciting than that?"

"Not doing it," I suggest.

"Well I know how to convince you otherwise," Carmen sips her cocktail, then walks over, still naked and bloody and completely unaware of it, as she sits next to me and offers me the alcohol. I take it, and drink the whole thing, "We can stay," she says, like a quiet concerned counsellor, "And get arrested for Tim's murder. There is no denying it was us."

"You."

"I meant Sloan – whatever," Carmen blubbers, "Or, option two, we can go to Onyx Lycan Nightclub. Where the police don't dare go."

She purses her lips and lets me think about it.

"The first time we went to Onyx Lycan Nightclub, you got killed, now you're dating your murderer, and you've killed Tim, you've turned into a vampire, and I'm a Queen of the Lycans – supposedly. If we go back again, what the hell is going to happen now?" I seriously worry that it can only get worse from here.

"Why do you think I agreed for Sloan to turn me?" Carmen smiles, "A Queen needs her guard. And a sane one won't do."

"Right," I gulp.

"Great!" Carmen jumps back up and walks back to the kitchen, hissing at the corpse as she passes it.

I close my eyes as I stand up, then I grab the sheet and hold it in front of me as I walk to the body and cover it up.

"I'm so sorry Tim," I whisper under my breath, then walk stiffly back to the shower, where the bathroom door remains in fragmented pieces in front of the toilet from being kicked in.

The whole apartment sure damn looks like a crime scene. Carmen is trailing blood all over the place, and I can't imagine I smell good – probably just like a Lycan's balls.

I realise pretty quickly, this is not just the death of my colleague, of Vos and werewolf-Carmen – this is also the death of me ever running away again from my fucked up destiny. I couldn't hide in the mortal world any longer.

If I dared to remain in the mortal world – well, I was already destined to be locked away or worse. And more innocents were bound to die.

Which meant now, the supernatural was all I had left.

Onyx had brought out that end in me.

Now I was tied to it, pregnant by it, held captive by my Lycan mate and his haunting presence.

I had to go to him. I felt it inside me. An irrevocable pull.

I just hoped I could find a way to survive diving straight back into the dark, knowing I can never leave again.