Part 3 ✧ Lycans & Lunas ✧ Chapter 12

Gerry's POV

"HELP ME!"

Selene's last scream pierces all of our ears, an echo of being physically in pain, before she was ripped back through the portal into the Sentinel's penthouse, probably to her swift and violent death.

Juny and I fall to Sardonix's feet and embrace each other, sobbing.

We could not save her!

Meanwhile, Sardonix towers over us, pacing around us in his hotel room, the beast sucks all the light out of the room and casts hell red over us.

Juny whimpers and falls to the floor, begging for mercy, "Please don't kill us! PLEASE!"

My tongue is too numb, as I hyperventilate and try to breathe steady, I sit on the floor and look up at Sardonix's teeth, drooling, his eyes piercing through us, rolling over our necks – not our bodies.

"Be quiet," Sardonix snarls at Juny, and looks at me clasping my hands together, praying, showing him with my hands what I am begging for also. Mercy. Sardonix leans down and sniffs Juny's backside, while I just watch on at his abhorrent behaviour, he growls over Juny's head, "Wet as hell for pain. You want punishment to recompense for Selene's murder."

So she was dead...? I cry out and scream at that word he's used, while Sardonix grins with all his teeth.

Juny collapses to her side, sobbing again and screaming out with me.

In all our grief, and a Lycan's amusement, a musical note from a phone, signals a text incoming, and awkwardly interrupts our moment.

Juny and I both whimper and shut our lips as Sardonix steps backwards and looks down at his phone on top of his hotel bed.

His red eyes focus, his bared fangs disappear as he relaxes his gums.

At some kind of miracle, Sardonix shifts abruptly, from Lycan to human.

The light of the hotel lamps flicker back on, while he casually turns around and picks up a pair of black suit pants off the floor by the bed. Sardonix pulls them on, picks up his jewellery off the bed, cursed rings, in the shape of stars, skulls and other satanic imagery.

He isn't even addressing us, he's just dressing.

Sardonix has just switched off the demon and he's now standing looking at the phone, shutting off the screen. He finally turns around and walks past us.

"Let me run you girls a warm bath," Sardonix lowers the growl and speaks professionally... like a human being. As he disappears briefly into the connecting fancy bathroom, turning on the light and running the bath, gathering towels and supplies from the cupboards, Juny and I both look at each other and then we glance toward the phone on the bed.

We both crawl over and peek at the highlighted text.

Mummy – Cool down for 24 hours.

Juny and I both sit back down.

Weird text.

But I am only relieved.

Silvia intervened. The Lycan Queen, she intervened to save us.

"AHAHAHAHA heehee," Juny starts hysterically laughing and crying at the same time, while I glare at her. What the fuck is wrong with her? She's mocking Sardonix's mother – but he's not going to hurt us, and now?! We were not off the hook just yet!

I lunge at Juny and put my hand over her mouth, trying to shut her up, but Sardonix's shadow appears as he waltzes out of the bathroom and sees what's causing the commotion and the laughter.