Part 2 ✧ Chapter 7

Silvia's POV

Onyx welcomes us all home, although one prominent thing remained very clear to him.

My scent was filled with a new pack, and so that night, Oswald takes me out to dinner.

And not just me.

The whole pack was here to wine and dine the girls. It was a nice change.

"You didn't have to," I murmur to myself with Onyx opposite me. In a cutting new outfit, hair nicely swept back, cuff links shining bright, even cologne. It's like a... a full on date night, for human husband and wife, while I could still be reminded of his sexy demonic nature in his blood moon eyes.

Onyx doesn't reply with words, but picks up the wine bottle and pours me the most expensive red wine on offer.

The whole event was beautiful and well thought out. We're in a private set up in the forest. It's an outdoor restaurant, it looked more like a reception for a wedding, but was booked out for all our dates. The outdoor setting is filled with the romantic noises of the warm night, like crickets and fireflies, but there are also numerous fairy lights decorating the trees, providing us with more ambient lighting. Makeshift awnings also protect us from any rain or mist that might come over us, and large generous candles burn on every table, while chimes are our background noise, and a small band set up to play and sing from the decking off the main restaurant itself. Deep Fever Nights. Five star dining, all for Onyx's bitches and his Queen.

I was absolutely smitten, but also a tad curious why he was trying so hard for our affections.

Sloan is dining Carmen across the outdoor space, and Cleo is next to our table, being dined by Magnus. She looks sad and depressed, but otherwise dressed up nicely in a blue-water dress, she's distracted every time a bug lands on the table. They seem attracted to her, and at any time, multiple fire flies just chill on top of her head like a crown.

Something about Cleo disturbed me after I saw her full blown insanity in her eyes, on that altar for Anubis, willing to do anything.

I...

I guess she kind of reminded me of myself... anyway...

"I never knew you had such a romantic side, Oswald," I add, looking Onyx up and down and thinking he looks damn delicious right now in the flickering yellow candle light.

"We married in a court room and never properly celebrated the occasion, I rushed you through it, consider this a remedy," Onyx finally speaks up, formal and to the point, how wonderful he cared now at least. His eyes graze over me as well, looking down my cleavage of the short black dress I adorned for tonight, which didn't leave much to the imagination, "Although, I remember you weren't dressed like a whore on that day – not that it matters –"

"Uh. Excuse me! You wanted me to wear a white dress to my ankles, covering my legs, tonight?" I whisper at him, with a cheeky smile, to dissuade from an argument, "Are you fucking serious?" I'm still annoyed though.

"Don't swear–" Onyx trails off when a waiter quickly approaches, keen on taking our order.

"Are you ready to order, ma'am, sir?" the young man asks.

"Oh, oh yes, I'm starving," I start off, excited, "I'd like a Caesar salad, with curly French fries on the side, and... hmm... a banana split for dessert... and, and chocolate sauce, please, actually, make that the special caramel sauce, and actually, can I have some garlic aioli with the fries? I'm not a fan of tomato sauce... that's all for me," I say, closing my menu, "Darling?" I raise a brow at Oswald, who's pretending to seriously inspect the menu.