Chapter ✧ 19

I wrap a towel around my body and run out into the living room of the apartment.

Carmen is being held up by a smirking Sloan, while Onyx stands over both of them, lifting a claw to pop the buttons on the shirt she borrowed from Sloan. And Carmen? Is barely steady on her feet! She's blind drunk, and she's damn excited about getting another cock, but she's also totally at their mercy. And their gloating, smirking, arrogant behaviour stirs something inside me.

I walk past them, my back straight, as I walk right by, pretending not to have a care in the world.

I feel Onyx eyeballing me, it's a hot flame down my nape as I go straight into my room.

I could open the blind and let in the light of midday to get it up Onyx and Sloan's demon asses – however. I have something much better.

I don't have time to get dressed, so I stick with the towel. Actually? Fuck the towel. I didn't need it. I drop it, as it'll only hamper my aim. I grab my police gun from the hidden top of my last draw.

I hid it there a long time ago, loaded with a bullet meant for a Lycan. Or any supernatural fucking creature.

Silver bullet. No, it wasn't to kill him, or Sloan, but it would hurt like hell.

I turn off the safety and walk back to my door way.

Naked and gun in hand, now pointed at Onyx's furry hard muscled leg.

Carmen's shirt is ripped aside and she's collapsed to her knees, hugging Onyx's knee, while Sloan kneels down to palm her ass, until? Me.

They both pause to see me holding the gun.

"I'll break the other leg," I threaten Onyx, "Now get the fuck out of our apartment."

Sloan stands back up, genuinely shocked and confused about whether or not to be impressed at me holding the gun at my Lycan mate. I mean, how else was I meant to intimidate that monstrosity?

I see Onyx's red eyes focus on mine – ignoring the gun.

Onyx raises his hands.

And steps back away from Carmen.

"I can't be touched by the daylight," Onyx now lowers his hands as he says it, "Your punishment has been enough – I only wanted to make you squirm, not make you homicidal."

"Sloan," I ignore Onyx for the moment to glare at the vampire, "Stop staring at me like an idiot and go take Carmen, your beloved girlfriend, to her bed – Onyx?" I slowly lower my gun, since he is complying, albeit a little hesitantly. When his foot shifts I immediately raise it again, keeping him still, "You come with me... into my room... it's nicer than hell and a cage..." I add that bit in, while backing up, eventually lowering the gun completely and turning the safety back on.

I watch Sloan pick up Carmen and take her to bed, surprising me by listening.

Onyx walks toward me and I back up some more, watching him duck under the bedroom door frame to fit in, before standing to his full height.

Threads of sunlight peek in through the sides of the lowered blinds, and I see him squinting at them and raising an arm to shield himself from the tiny shards of sun.

"We can move the furniture against the sides to block it out almost entirely," I suggest, quietly.

As I move back to the draw, to put away the weapon, Onyx without a word picks up my tallboy and thrusts it against one side of the blinds. Then he tips over the bookcase and lets all the books fall out onto the ground into one big mess, before lifting the empty unit to lean it against the other edge of the blind.