Part 3 ✧ Lycans & Lunas ✧ Chapter 5

Selene's POV

Depth, depth and more depth. What was this mystical and ultra-strange place? It wasn't a realm. It couldn't be.

"This place is wet and dark with fresh creation," Juny speaks from my left, while Geraldine holds my elbow.

This place was a forest, with so much darkness, yet there was particular ambient light. The light did not have a source from a moon or a sun, but from our own perception. Like our imagination was filling in that part.

The forest was every shade of dark, with tiny fairy lights everywhere, and a gold and silver dust sparkling on everything, with a reverse-sparkle.

Between the shapeless trees, vines hang down, and the ground feels like a solid empty void.

We tentatively move forward.

"What do you think this place is?" Gerry whispers, her hearing still lost but her voiced concern is heard.

Juny and I shrug.

Who knows what this place is. It wasn't anything I had ever heard or read about, that's for sure. All we did was walk through Oni's mirror, so maybe this place was the reverse of the world, I could only guess...

We walk together side by side, careful not to get lost or engulfed by the strange depth of this place.

"It feels like a dream, doesn't it?" Juny reaches for the vines, and when she lightly touches one, we witness our first mistake. The vine itself starts to wrap around her arm like a snake, violently winding and pulling her toward one of the shapeless trees. Gerry and I grab her, trying to hold Juny back, but as we're jerked forward, more vines come into contact with us and grab our arms separately – pulling us toward other trees in the area "It's eating me alive!" Juny screams out in terror, and she's not wrong.

The tree starts to engulf her, but before she's a part of the trunk, she stops being absorbed, but she's very stuck.

The same happens to Geraldine and I. I am pulled into my own shapeless tree, firmly stuck in place like a trophy.

Gerry is the one that almost manages to escape, but without much luck, just as she's leaping out of contact with the first vice – she's tugged back by more triggered vines and is also stuck in one spot.

Nothing else happens. We don't start dying, or disintegrating, we're just stuck.

"It's a death trap, this place!" Juny still cries out in her horror.

Gerry also starts to sob with her fear, while the only way I can express my own terror is through my eyes. If I could cry out I would, but I just stare helplessly into the nothingness all around.

The moment our fear spikes high – three double red lights suddenly start to move about.

A laugh of demonic proportions, echoes through our dark and wet clearing.

Oni, Amon and Arma. Laughing together.

"Help!" Juny screams.

Her plea calls one of them forward.

Her Lycan steps out of the darkness and is bathed in imagined light, I see him as a dark midnight green, with red eyes, pointy ears and pointy teeth.

"Arma," Juny whimpers his name, as he just grins but does not help her.

"Precious little button," Arma speaks aggressively, but just those three words.

Meanwhile, around Geraldine's tree, Amon sneaks around it and into her vision abruptly, causing her to almost screech, but he places his hand over her mouth, keeping it inside, "Quiet, whore."