Chapter ✧ 21

Two hours later

Flames flicker up the trees all around me. I stand alone in a field just outside the gang-bang going on in a ritualistic fuck-fest just behind me. Lycans and bitches. The only reason I've out-manoeuvred Onyx is he's assumed I've returned to use their hell house to sleep.

I had begged him for sleep, thinking he would only deny me such a luxury, and he had instead generously released me from the party.

And so I wandered off – just in the wrong direction.

I'm a bit confused on where to search. Exhaustion has indeed settled in. But it could also be the fact I'm losing my mind right now, as Obsidian had warned me in the vision.

But I don't have much time to ponder it. Afterall, I needed to get the crown, to become the real Lycan Queen and maybe even earn Obsidian's respect.

As I close my eyes, I see another vision.

The birthing pit. The crown. The skeleton.

I get a feel for it and decide I can probably navigate to it through Hell on instinct alone. It feels rather close...

I open my dreary eyes – and I'm already in the Birthing Pit.

The fuck? I teleported here.

I stand very, very still, to take in the thorns all around. The old Lycan Queen seems to have given birth in a thicket of rose bushes, which now grow through her. No flesh remains. The bones look a little too polished though, like they've been licked clean too many times. The area feels beyond cursed. It radiates with evil.

It is then that I see a red rose on fire at my feet. It's been rolled in like a dark omen.

I want to look where it came from but I'm too scared.

This time... I think I fucked up wanting to come here.

I didn't know I could teleport like that, for one.

For two – Obsidian was right behind me.

The hairs on my nape are standing on their ends, and I could smell rotten breath crawling along my spine, wafting in front of my face and under the back of my silver dress.

"A dog has more brain cells than you," Obsidian mocks me, "With the courage of a Queen. Take your crown," wait – w-what? "...bend over and take your crown, slut...."

I don't want to hesitate twice. I also don't want to look at his smug smirk.

I step forward to reach over and grab the crown without bending over.

It's heavy, and a little stuck, I have to spin it around the skull, before I break off an extra thorn and –

Obsidian takes a bite of my ass cheek anyway.

I feel a sharp piercing pain, he broke the fucking skin, and I squeal, turning around and falling onto my bitten ass, to see Obsidian backing up slowly into the shadows.

Now that I'm done, Obsidian has dropped to his front paws, and he's walking over me, trapping me in as I end up below his sharp fangs. Drool is pouring by the sides of my head – and I don't have the crown, but he waits for his saliva in my blood to activate.

A scorching heat spreads through his bite that scraped my skin.

I want to spread my legs and my eyes want to roll back into my head.

I arc my neck back on impulse, and my spine, but then I see the crown has dropped just in the reach of my fingers. I just have to reach back.