Part 5 ✧ Onyx Lycan Nightclub ✧ Chapter 2

Silvia's POV

At night, I am the only one left at the police headquarters aside from Jason who is giving me another brief before I enter the vault and before he heads home for the night.

Leaving me to die – in his mind, no doubt.

"The only reason I'm allowing you to do this, are the three options I'm presented with. One, handing you over to an asylum – which benefits no one. Two, allowing you to extract information, which may be beneficial to all parties involved. Three... some say you'd be better off dead, but I won't compromise my own professional standing by stooping to murder, I am no demon, although you are a demon's whore... so this kind of end may suit you," Jason is proud of his mortal logic, "These doors are one way, you open them, you keep walking through, you'll meet Phire at the end. His binds are heavy, he moves slowly, but he can move... so be weary, stupid whore," Jason whispers that in my ear, like deep down it turns him on to insult my reputation.

I turn to him so our eyes meet, as I ask Jason, "Is there anything else you wanted to tell me, beside expressing your disdain for me, sir?" I can't help adding in my frustration, regular mortals could never understand the way I fit with Onyx... as a Lycan Queen. I was no hostage. If anything, their desire for me was always a superpower to me. To everyone else it was just a weakness or a super-shameful thing. And to Jason I wasn't a favoured whore, I was just a whore. A female exclusive adjective, but I chose not to see the negatives within it, only the power in the reverse side of the reflection. Desirous. Fertile. Bewitching to the male specimen.

"Sir?" Jason really likes that, straightening his back, keeping in a smile. I smile slow, just for him, "If you make it out of there alive, I sometimes have a need for a whore... and I pay handsomely," he takes a step back, tapping his pocket, where his wallet lies, "Good luck."

"Thank you," I face the door and wait for him to put in the sequence to open the first-set of vault doors.

Solid silver.

"...we even blessed each door before it was fitted, hopefully it doesn't burn you," Jason murmurs under his breath, laughing quietly.

"What kind of priest does that?" I ask, pretending to be oblivious.

"We have tight connections to the priests at St Michael's Cathedral," Jason explains, very smug.

"Oh," I feign stupidity.

"You should pray for your soul there, the priests there are very accommodating for burning and wicked souls such as yourself," Jason finishes putting in the sequence.

I just stare at the vault, smug he never realised that Onyx is Priest Oswald –

Well.

My heart sinks into my stomach.

No.

I refuse to grieve or acknowledge my loss.

Onyx still was Priest Oswald.

He was devoted to God, just as much as he was to the Devil.

I –

Jason is talking but I'm not hearing him, as my mind swims in denial and beautiful thoughts of a reality I lived in 48 hours ago.

The door finally opens and in front of me I see corridor and yet another door.

I take a step forward but I'm stopped when Jason puts his hand on my shoulder.

I pause and look back at him, but he's already reaching for my chin slowly.

"Give me a kiss goodbye," Jason asks.