Chapter ✧ 32

At the stroke of midnight is an unsettling, deep and hellish silence. Seconds later, I hear the pit-pater of light feet, clicking with razor sharp claws across the hard floors, while my door is left wide open.

I watch from the bed as I see Magnus' Lycan walk by my door, in the enveloping darkness, he stops to huff in the smell of my scent – before turning toward me, and leaning down to fit his furry head through the doorway, to smile at me.

Without a single word between us, I nod, and Magnus understands my willingness to co-operate.

I can't even hear him breathe, as his huge wolf head pulls back out of the door and he stands back up to his full height in the hall.

I watch as in that moment, a torch light shines on his torso from one of the roaming guards on shift.

Magnus sprints – like lightning.

I wait for a scream but all I hear is bones crackling, one after another

I almost laugh, but I keep it in.

I was dying to get back my freedom, and my brain was a little numbed from the drugs, but not too much thankfully. My system seemed to eat up the pills like nothing.

Magnus starts running wild, and it's a minute or so before I hear a scream, and it's not from a bloody death, but from a member of staff finding the first corpse.

Just as that nurse screams in the distance, she is attacked by the demon searching for souls. Carmen simultaneously leaps into my door frame, scaring the shit out of me.

She is grinning and her vampire fangs are freshly painted red.

"Who'd you kill?" I blurt, curious.

"All the rapists, lol, about time they tasted their own dicks, the real fucking monsters in here," she waltzes in, and shoots out a hand toward me.

"You're a queen of something, it might not be of Lycans but I'm spooked yet again. You're a special kind of crazy, Carmen. How did you come back to your senses?" I ask.

"Shocked myself a few times in the ECT unit... and maybe a few of the staff too," she admits with a shrug, "Hold my hand, Silvia?" I grab her offered palm and we walk out into the corridor, shoulder to shoulder. The red carpet is laid out, running like a river down the hall toward the drains, "Pretty isn't it," Carmen admires the lifeblood gifted to us.

Magnus is moving like a shade, we can't see him as he uses the darkness to navigate and butcher every fleeing soul.

With one exception in mind.

The brilliantly insane. The wrongly accused. Any friend we made, roams the halls freely, keys to get out, in their possession from the guards.

Carmen and I watch as they are drawn toward the exit by the trail of blood Magnus left for them.

He was so kind to our friends!

Carmen and I leave our area, skipping over various corpses with crushed chests, hands tightly clasped as we see where Magnus travels last.

Dr. Reynolds office.

Now we hear intense screeching, beyond this realm, pain and aching and whatever else. The death echoes across the walls, over and over. It's a little hard to know how the death is being handed out, but Lycans knew who were truly deceitfully evil, and those who were innocent. They judged accordingly.

Carmen and I watch Magnus duck out of the room, all eight feet of him, emanating heat and sweat as he stands guard, waiting for us to approach.

Once we are at his side, we turn to peak into the office.