Part 6 ✧ The Moon Witch ✧ Chapter 5

Silvia's POV

It's a strange thing, being exactly who you are, and remembering another part of who you are.

From Asmodeus' spell, a collection of memories from another me, are now a part of my mind. Each chapter of that life is unfurling in my mind, one significant moment after another, like a beautiful blooming flower.

I face the demon who is the reason I came back.

I smile up at the centaur, stepping into his side and pressing my hand to his rippling midnight flank. It ripples with easy irritation with my kind touch and his expression remains neutral but his eyes are caring, even if he doesn't express it in any other way.

"It worked," I whisper, "Well, thank you, As."

I hear a snarl rip from Onyx's jealous mouth and I'm thrown back as he steps to be eye to eye with the giant centaur.

Asmodeus was a Prince of Hell. The Prince of Lust. He was more powerful than Onyx.

"You should be thanking me too," Asmodeus taunts my Lycan and As grins when Onyx tries to slash him through with his claws, but the black shadows join the black night as Asmodeus evaporates and reappears back a few paces, out of Onyx's reach, "Such hatred is only a sign of your fear, wolf," Asmodeus now drawls in such a way that Onyx lowers his twitching claws, and his hell red eyes anxiously flicker to me.

In a burst of light, Cleo reignites the flames, as Asmodeus disappears for good.

I look over my shoulder for Chyronex.

"Mother," I whisper, jumping toward the forest, suddenly anxious to embrace her, "Mother, I'm sorry!" I yell out, "I love you!" I turn around to Onyx, "And you too, so, relax, will you..." I smile as I look him over, only to be slammed with another memory.

This one isn't a beautiful moment.

It's sharp, painful.

My very last memory. It's burned into me.

I look down at my clothed skin, and all I see are blood-soaked clothes.

I remember lying in a pool of my own blood, as Onyx stepped over me and walked away.

It wasn't an accident. It was whatever it is, between accident and purpose. Somewhere in between.

But I hold up my hands and all I see is blood.

I look to Onyx's claws and I see a thick line of my life, dripping off his claws, into the dirt.

I blink and then my clothes are clean.

His claw is clean.

And his eyes – which I didn't understand for their furious emotion, suddenly make sense.

He remembers too.

We remembered together in this moment and it became as real as real life.

And then it was gone.

"Silvia," Onyx sounds distraught, as he forces out the snarl, "Forgive me."

But there's something more he's not telling me.

"...did you kill my mother...?" I ask, "After you... killed me... that night? Did you kill her too? As if she hadn't suffered enough."

"What?" Cleo gasps and flies over, hovering above Onyx, "You couldn't have! You would never do something so... rotten."

Onyx sharply turns to look to his left.

His pack all growl with him.

He is so angry, so guilty, he can't process his emotion.