Part 5 ✧ Onyx Lycan Nightclub ✧ Chapter 4

Silvia's POV

Lycan Control open the doors in the morning, expecting a corpse. They have gloves on to retrieve any mess from my bloody end – which obviously never occurred.

Instead, I walk right out past all eight vault doors, past a line of forensic scientists, with my work clothes on, hair tied up, like I never trapped myself in the tomb in the first place.

I walk out into the corridor, to find Jason waiting, not expecting this.

He had been on his phone but he looks up, and has to blink twice.

"Tonight, same time, same deal," I tell him straight.

"Ah – ah – did you," Jason has to recollect himself, "Did you find out any intel?"

"Not yet, it's a work in progress, I gained his trust – but I won't learn anything until I return again, as I promised him... if you break a promise to a demonic pure entity like that, I'll lose my favour with him, you understand?" I raise a brow at Jason.

He nods and I stride past, while everyone else in the cop-shop looks mortified.

I walk out with my head held high.

Outside I get a strange surprise.

There's a familiar face, sitting on the public bench waiting for me.

It's not a bitch.

It's not a man either.

My heart flutters in my chest as I look over the rare sight of Oni in his fae form.

He was a part of Cleo's brood that she had with Anubis.

Oni, Arma and Amon.

I can only assume the other two are close by somewhere.

Oni is dressed in a nice blue shirt, and black jeans, while his black hair curls around his ear.

The Angel Killers must not know of the Sentinel's existence. Their ethereal fae power probably kept them off the radar. I bet they missed their Luna Witches... I meet Oni directly, who's staring at me with haunted red eyes.

He stands up, towering over me and looking me over.

"It's good you see you're in one piece," I speak up to him, tilting my head, "How'd you find me, huh?"

Oni shrugs one shoulder and holds out a hand, drawling at me, "Come on," I put my hand in his and he holds it a little too tight, "...have you found any answers yet to what the hell happened at the club?" he asks, quietly.

"How is Sardonix?" I ask him instead, "Since you're pretty close... please tell me you've seen him."

"What did you see in there?" Oni smirks, he refuses to answer my questions and I refuse to answer his.

"Don't be wicked like your father," I joke around, "How is Anubis?"

"How's that demon stuck in there that you fucked all night, slut?" Oni asks now, letting on he knew something was up.

"Don't talk to your Queen like that," I hiss now as he strides faster and forces me to keep up, still holding my hand too tight, "Where are we going anyway?"

"I thought it was wise to stay undercover, but we'll go back to our place on the edge of town, it's safe there," Oni finally answers me, although his arrogant young Lycan attitude comes right through though, barely hidden by his mortal disguise... and I am losing my patience with him a bit, "Sardonix is in hiding. He's fine. Did you make any progress contacting Onyx, whore?"