Chapter Fifty-One: The Initiation Party

A lifeguard helped Hope get out of the water. She was led towards the beach house where the Power A.C.E. was waiting for her. Elizabeth gave her some clothes she could change into and told her to go to the beach after as the rest of the squad were already there for the little party they were throwing for her. They had also changed changed into beach-appropriate clothes because it was a bar-beach party after all.

It was still a little early so the pep squad were lounging by the beach, waiting for the Titans to arrive.

"Babe," Alvin called Elizabeth who was lounging on a beach chair.

"Oh hey, you guys are finally here," Elizabeth sat up.

"Yeah, how was tryouts?" Alvin asked.

"It was great! Let me introduce you to the new member of the squad," Elizabeth said. While holding hands, they walked over to where Hope was. She was alone, a cup on her hand, and she was still feeling a little out of place.

"Hope, what are you doing here?" Elizabeth asked. "Go mingle with the squad and the basketball team."

"Uhh... yeah," Hope nodded.

"Anyway, let me introduce you first to my boyfriend, and the captain of the Titans, Alvin Lopez," Elizabeth said. "Babe, this is the new member of the squad, Hope Torres."

"Hi," Alvin extended his hand for a handshake. "It's nice meeting you."

"Hi," Hope said, taking Alvin's hand.

"So anyway, Hope, stop standing there," Elizabeth said. "A cheerleader should be confident. Go mingle and make friends. You deserve it. Besides, we're basically breaking one of my rules here, so you better enjoy it."

"Rules?" Hope asked.

"Yeah," Elizabeth said. "No partying during the sports fest month. But we're making an exception today. Well... at least until midnight."

"And that's why when the team found out, they insisted that we all join you too," Alvin said. "No one from the squad wanted to go with them lately and the boys are getting lonely."

"Well, of course," Elizabeth said. "They're suspended from the squad if they break my rules."

"I think your squad just really admires you that's why they follow what you say, Babe," Alvin said. "With you being amazing and all."

"You're just bias 'cause you love me," Elizabeth smiled.

"I am because I do love you," Alvin placed an arm around her. "And because it's true."

"Uhh... excuse me, I think I should leave you two" Hope said, getting embarrassed.

"No, wait," Elizabeth giggled. "I'm sorry we get into our little world sometimes."

"So... how's Beaufort treating you?" Alvin asked. "Have you made friends?"

"Not really... uhh... do you know Marco Palaez?" Hope asked. "Ah... of course you do..."

Alvin frowned.

"Why, are you friends with him?" Elizabeth asked.

"Ah no! No," Hope hastily said, sensing Alvin's annoyance at the mention of Marco's name. "He was just the first person who talked to me aside from you and Alexis... I was wondering if he was for real, if he's a good person or what. Just thought I'd ask."

"I'm not one who talks bad about people," Alvin said. "But I think it would be better if you stay away from him."

"May I know why?" Hope asked.