Chapter Fifty-Three: Let Downs & Comebacks

"Where are we going?" Chandria asked John.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon the next day, and as promised, John and Chandria were on a date because Chandria and Chris went out yesterday. They were inside John's car and they were on their way to wherever John planned them to go to.

"It's a surprise," John said. "Did you bring what I told you to bring?"

"Yeah," Chandria nodded. "Are you okay?" You... you look tired."

"What?" John chuckled. "I'm not tired. It's probably just your imagination. I'm fine."

John was actually exhausted and he was tired because he came home late. Aside from making preparations for this date, he had actually parked and waited in front of Chandria's house until he saw with his own eyes that she got home safe and sound. 

Chandria was surprised because she expected that the first thing John would do when they saw each other again was ask how her date with Chris went. But so far, John hadn't asked and he didn't even bring it up. And instead they talked about anything and everything during the two-hour car ride.

"We're here," John said as he parked the car.

"And here is where?" Chandria asked because all she could see were trees.

"It's a leisure park," John grinned. "Are you ready to go on an adventure with me?"

Chandria raised an eyebrow but then smiled, "Ready as I'll ever be.

The both of them got out of the car and John went to the trunk to get their things. They entered the leisure park and a guy welcomed them inside.

"Sir," the guy said. "Here's the key. Everything's checked and ready to go."

"Thanks," John said taking the key as he handed their things to the guy.

"I'll place these in your locker, Sir," the guy said before leaving.

"What's the key for?" Chandria said.

"Come on," John said, taking her wrist and pulling her to a clearing where a 4x4 jeep was waiting for them. John drove it, and they passed through rough roads but Chandria enjoyed the ride and the beautiful view.

When they finally stopped, John turned to Chandria and asked, "You aren't afraid of heights, are you?"

"Uhm, no. Why?" Chandria asked as John helped him go down the jeep.

John just smiled then led her up a platform where some guys put harnesses on them. They were going ziplining on the longest zipline in the region.

"Are you ready?" John asked. They were gonna go together because the two ziplines were side-by-side. Chandria just nodded then both of them were pushed at the same time. Whoosh! Off they went in the zipline ride. Chandria was a little frightened at first but John was shouting at her to open her eyes and look at the beautiful view. Chandria eventually did and she even found herself smiling and enjoying herself.

"John!" Chandria shouted back. "It's so beautiful!"

"More beautiful with you here!" John grinned at her. Chandria blushed and grinned back at him. John had a GoPro with him and he was taking pictures of Chandria. When they reached the end of the zipline, they had to cross a hanging bridge to go back.

"You good?" John asked.

"Of course," Chandria said. "I am a cheerleader. I can handle this. I won't fall."

"I won't let you fall either anyway," John smirked. "Unless its falling in love with me."

Chandria blushed once again and John took a picture.