Chapter Fifty-Five: Sports Fest - Interschool Cheerleading Contest

The Titans won their game yesterday against the Rosinate Hawks. It meant that for the championship, the Beaufort Titans would be playing against the Atwood Warriors in a series of best of three games.

And today was the day that the pep squad had been preparing for these past few weeks. It was finally the inter-school cheerleading contest. The contest was set to start in three hours and the pep squad was in the balcony of the cafeteria, having lunch together.

"Liz, eat," Alexis said. "You hardly ate anything for breakfast, you have to eat now."

"How did you know I didn't eat anything for breakfast?" Elizabeth asked.

"Alvin texted me," Alexis showed Elizabeth her phone. "See?"

From: Alvin Lopez
Hi, Alexis! Can you make sure Bee eats something for lunch? She didn't eat much for breakfast and I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

Alvin knew this because he fetched Elizabeth from her house that morning. He arrived early and had brought food over so that they could have breakfast together and he noticed that she basically just picked on her food.

"What if you faint because of lack of nutrition?" Alexis said. "Eat. Before I reply to Alvin and tell him you're not eating."

"Ah, Liz?" Hope said, joining in their conversation. "Lex is right, you should eat. And this came just in time. The waiter just handed me this basket of fruits. For you, I think. It's probably from Alvin, right?"

"Thanks," Elizabeth took an apple from the basket. "I'll just bring this apple to eat. Just place it somewhere there. Lex, are you done eating? Go with me so we can get Ria?"

Alexis raised an eyebrow. Chandria had told them that she couldn't come have lunch with the pep squad because she was doing last minute touch-up on the over-all look of the pep squad for the inter-school contest later. They knew she was in the art room right now so Alexis was wondering why Elizabeth suddenly wanted to go there.

"Ria's going to come here in a while, isn't she?" Alexis said.

"Yeah but I just... want to see what she's doing," Elizabeth answered, taking Alexis' wrist in her hand. "Come on!"

"Okay, okay," Alexis nodded.

"Girls, we'll be back in 15 minutes!" Elizabeth shouted to the squad. "Wait for us here and we'll go to the locker room together, okay?"

"Don't worry," Hope said, smiling. "I'll make sure nobody leaves until you come back. And that nobody touches the basket of fruit Alvin gave you."

"Uhh, thanks," Elizabeth said then she pulled Alexis out with her. They walked out the cafeteria and Elizabeth took a bite of the apple.

"What was that?" Alexis said, raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Hello, you avoid Hope like she has a disease or something."

"I just feel off. She's transforming so much into me that I feel like I'm looking at a mirror sometimes! It's so weird!"

"I told you, you should've listened to me and Ria when we told you to talk to her before."

"I didn't think it'd reach this level, sheesh!" Elizabeth said. Hope had reached an all-time low as she full-on imitating Elizabeth, that she even had started using the same car model Elizabeth had.

"Let's not talk about this now, please?" Elizabeth pleaded. "I don't want to stress myself right before the contest. I'll talk to her about it tomorrow, I promise."

"Just as long as you do it soon," Alexis nodded. "Oh hey, there's Ria."

They both looked ahead and saw that Chandria was running towards them with a frantic look on her face.