Chapter Seventy-Three: Faults

Alexis opened her eyes. She felt weak, drained of energy. And her head was throbbing in pain. She reached up to her head she felt a bandage wrapped around her wound.

She looked around the room, but she knew this wasn't her room. She was about to sit up but she felt someone's hand was holding her other hand. It was Wolf.

He had fallen asleep while looking after her. Ever since he had found Alexis, he hadn't left her side. Alexis slowly tried sitting up but her movement only woke Wolf up.

"Alexis!" Wolf said, when he saw her eyes open,

"Wolf, where are we?" she asked.

"You're in the hospital. You've been asleep for a day," Wolf sat beside her on her bed. "Are you hurting anywhere? Don't get up, you need to rest."

"No... I... what happened?" Alexis asked. Her memory was a bit hazy.

"The police arrived and arrested Paul. He's in jail and your lawyer is making sure he can't post bail. He's being charged with kidnapping, homicide and assault."

"My lawyer? You mean Papa? Where is Papa?" Alexis looked around the room. "He should... I should explain what happened to him and tell him I'm fine now."

Wolf paused, pain in his eyes. They actually had to make Alexis go to sleep because she was getting more and more hysterical when the police and an ambulance arrived in the scene. She was only hurting herself more so she was injected with medicine to calm her.

"Alexis... Mr. Sandoval is... he's... gone," Wolf said.

Alexis frowned, "Gone? Where? Did he go somewhere? Papa wouldn't just leave without telling me."

"Alexis... he was shot," Wolf carefully said. "Paul shot him and... he's... gone..."

Alexis didn't answer him and looked at him as if he was playing some stupid prank at her.

"Alexis, I'm sor-" Wolf started to say but Alexis suddenly cut in.

"You're lying!" Alexis said, flashes of memory coming back to her. "He's not... no! You're lying!"

"Alexis... I'm sorry..." Wolf said, unable to think of anything else to say. Wolf hugged Alexis tight, trying to calm her down.

In the meantime, in Elizabeth's hospital room, which was right next to Alexis, Elizabeth was already awake and was inside her bathroom. She was staring at herself in the mirror. Her hair was badly chopped off in some parts and she had some scratches on her face.

There was a knock on the door.

"Liz?" someone asked.

"I'll be out in a minute," Elizabeth wiped the tears that had fallen on her cheeks.

When she went out, Chandria was waiting by the door, "Hey. Are you okay? Do you feel pain anywhere?"

"I'm fine," Elizabeth answered. "Have you seen Lex yet? Is she awake?"

"Last I checked she was still asleep. I brought you some food. Want me to cut some fruit for you?"

"No, thanks," Elizabeth flinched. Ever since the incident with Hope and her brandishing a knife at her, Elizabeth had an aversion to anything sharp. She took a seat on the couch. Chandria sat beside her.

"Where are my parents?" Elizabeth asked.

"Talking to a lawyer. They're with Tito Christopher's colleagues... they want to charge Hope with assault."

There was silence between them for a while.

"I can't believe Tito is... gone," Elizabeth whispered.