Chapter Forty-Three: The Answer (JohnDria)

"Just please help me put him to bed," Chandria asked. "Thanks, Alvin."

They just arrived back to their suite from the beach party. Actually, they had to go home earlier because John drank too much and was wasted from all the beer he drank.

Alvin placed John on the bed as tonight, John and Chandria were sharing a room.

"Thanks, Alvin," Chandria repeated.

"You're welcome," Alvin said.

John squinted his eyes open, a dazed look on his face.

"You're the best, Bro!" John said, suddenly sitting up and hugging Alvin. But before anyone else could react, John had slumped back on the bed. Alvin laughed.

"What was that about?" Chandria asked.

"He's just really like that when drunk."

"What, you mean... he gets touchy when he's drunk?" Chandria asked, horrified.

"Don't worry, he's literally passed out drunk right now, I think. Although this is one of the only few times I saw him drink this much."

"I already told him a while back to just drink in moderation. I don't know why he had to drink this much."

"He's just probably nervous."

"About what?"

"He did tell me that he asked you whether or not he could court you... right?" Alvin answered. "And this night, you guys are sleeping in one room. If I were him, I'd be plenty nervous too."

Chandria felt awkward, she didn't know John already told Alvin about it. She hadn't even told her best friends about it yet.

Alvin noticed her discomfort so he changed the subject, "So... need any more help?"

"Yeah, can you please help me change his clothes? Actually, please change his clothes while I change in the other room?"

"Sure."

Chandria went out and went inside the walk-in closet the three girls shared. She saw Elizabeth was already there, looking for clothes she'd change into.

"Hey, Liz," Chandria greeted.

"Hey," Elizabeth greeted back. "How's John?"

"Uhm, he's asleep, I think. Alvin's, uhm, helping me."

"Oh, good," Elizabeth said. "Well, just make him drink lots of water tomorrow because I'm sure he's going to be hungover."

"Oh. You really do know John well, Liz."

"Sure. I mean, I know him well enough to at least know that anyway."

Chandria sighed.

"What?" Elizabeth said.

"Huh?" Chandria said. "I didn't say anything."

"Yeah, but you've been sighing the whole night. Is something bothering you?"

"No, nothing," Chandria shook her head.

"Really? Is this about John asking if he could court you?"

"Did John tell you that?"

"No, Alvin did."

"Wow, word travels fast."

"So, is that what's bothering you?"

"Kind of?"

"Come here, come sit down and tell me what's wrong," Elizabeth said, pulling Chandria to sit down on the small couch in the middle of the walk-in closet.