Chapter Twenty-Two: Game Day

It was the first game of the season but Alexis was inside the student council room. Wolf was ignoring her and as far as she could tell, only the two of them and Elizabeth are the ones who knew of what happened yesterday.

She was actually expecting that Wolf would tell Chandria about what happened but so far, Chandria hadn't mentioned it to her. So there she was, with the game starting in a few hours, hiding in the student council room.

She was supposed to be doing her usual work but instead, Alexis was staring absentmindedly on the paper in front of her. Then she heard someone knocked, and when she looked up, she saw the student council vice-president, Paul Torres. He was a geeky-looking junior who won because he was the only one running for the post.

"Alexis?" Paul called.

"Hmm? Yes Paul?" Alexis said.

"There was a package on the floor of your office yesterday and I didn't know what to do with it so I hid it in the storage room. What do you want to do with it?" Paul asked.

"Package?" Alexis said, then she remembered that Wolf was dropped a package he brought yesterday. "Can you bring it here? I think it's for me. From... from... someone."

"Okay," Paul left but quickly returned with the package that he carefully placed in Alexis' table.

"Thanks, Paul," Alexis said, forcing out a smile.

"You're welcome," Paul said before leaving.

Alexis looked at the package. It was in fancy gold wrappings and a card was attached on it. Alexis took the card and read it.

Hey Alexis! I just thought you'd need a new pair soon now that your foot's healing!

Wolf

Alexis opened the package and saw that it was a pair of black flats.

"What's that?" Elizabeth, who just entered the room, asked. She was in her cheerleading outfit.

"It's..." Alexis started to say.

But Elizabeth didn't wait for an answer she walked closer and and peeked in the box instead, "Wow, it's the new ballet pumps from Louis Vuitton! Nice choice, Lex!"

"I... I didn't buy this. It's from Wolf," Alexis said.

"So you guys are okay now?" Elizabeth asked, taking a seat on the chair in front of Alexis' desk.

"No, it's the package he had with him yesterday. The one he dropped before walking out."

"Oh. Well, he has good taste."

"Yeah," Alexis said, feeling teary-eyed once more.

"Lex. Stop moping. You're making me sad too and I need to perk up for the game later."

"I know. Sorry."

"Why don't you just come with me and watch the game?"

"I can't. I don't think I can handle it. I might just cry when I see Wolf. And I'm not even sure he'll show. After all, all our deals are off, he has no obligation to the team now. And if Wolf does show I'm sure he'll walk out again once he sees me."

"I know! We'll wear make-up masks! Come on, wear your cheerleading uniform. I'll have the squad meet is in our locker room and then we'll apply identical make-up masks on each other so no one can tell who's who."

"Do I have to? I don't even know the new routine yet."

"We'll do an old one instead, one that you know. It's better than you moping around here. Come on," Elizabeth said, standing up and pulling Alexis with her.