Chapter Thirty: Push and Pull

When Alvin heard the news, he immediately rushed to the clinic. However, he paused when he opened the door as he saw that Marco had beaten him into going first.

He was sitting in a chair beside the bed where Elizabeth was lying unconscious. Alvin slowly walked closer but when Marco noticed him, he stood up and obstructed Alvin's way.

"What are you doing here?" Marco said.

"Move. I didn't come here for you," Alvin said.

"She's fine. She's resting so you can go. Stop bothering her."

"Who's bothering who?" Alvin scoffed. "Why don't you go away instead."

"Why should I? She's my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend, my ass! I said move," Alvin pushed Marco aside but Marco was quick to retaliate. He also pushed Alvin away.

"Fuck!" Alvin said.

"I told you to fucking leave!" Marco shouted.

Alvin grabbed Marco's collar, "If you think I'll leave her again to you then think again."

He pushed Marco again and, before Marco could retaliate, Alvin quickly walked over to Elizabeth's side. But before Alvin could even hold Elizabeth's hand, Marco grabbed him from behind and punched him. Of course, Alvin had to punch him back since he wasn't the one who started the fight anyway. The both started punching each other when Elizabeth woke up from all the noise.

She still felt dizzy but when she saw what was happening, she tried her best to sit up.

"Alvin!" she called.

The two boys ignored her so she got up but she felt so dizzy that she sat back down again. Alvin saw it from his peripheral vision so he used every ounce of strength to push Marco off of him. He rushed to Elizabeth's side.

"You giving up on the fight now? You chicken shit!" Marco screamed, very angry. His lips were bleeding because of a cut.

"Fuck off!" Alvin said, a small cut visible on his left cheek.

"Guys, stop it," Elizabeth said. She was clutching the side of the bed to prevent herself from falling back in bed.

"How are you feeling?" Alvin asked Elizabeth, concerned.

"Come on, Lizzie," Marco said, walking near her too and pulling her hand. "We're leaving."

"Hey!" Alvin said, holding Marco's arm to stop him. "Let her go. Can't you see she's sick?"

"You let me go, asshole," Marco said.

"Guys, please," Elizabeth said, her voice barely above a whisper as she felt very weak.

Marco let Elizabeth's hand go and shook Alvin's hand off.

"Why don't you choose, Elizabeth," Marco smugly said. "Will you come with me or with this asshole?"

Elizabeth knew what Marco meant. He was obviously reminding her of her deal and blackmailing her again. So although she felt weak at the moment, she managed to glare at him. She didn't have a choice. She looked over at Alvin and although she didn't want to, she had to leave him there again.

"I–" she started to say.

"What's going on here?" Chandria cut in. She was standing by the open door, Elizabeth's bag in her hand.

"Ria," Elizabeth sighed in relief.

Chandria raised her eyebrow then walked over next to Elizabeth. She placed Elizabeth's bag on the bed.