Chapter Fourteen: Challenges

Chandria ran after Wolf, "Wolf! Wait!"

But before she could catch up to her bestfriend, John, who was on his way back to their classroom from the bathroom, blocked her way.

"Where are you going?" John asked.

"Will you please move? I have to go after Wolf!" Chandria exclaimed.

"You're following him again. What the hell is he to you anyway that you're always following after him?"

"He's my best friend for God's sake! Now will you please get out of my way?"

"Best friend? You call that just being bestfriends?!"

"Why do you even care?" Chandria said, frustrated.

"The... the sketches for the jersey! You keep on following after Wolf that you haven't even given me one sketch!" John excused.

"For your information, I've been doing it! I just wanted to be able to give you a few more designs to choose from. Plus, only one week had passed since you sprang that idea on me and your first game is still a month away!"

"Whatever, I want those designs tomorrow so you better finish them today," John demanded.

"Miss Santos, Mister Ford, classes are about to start," Miss Pamela, their Physics teacher, said. "Oh and by the way, the coordinator from the orphanage will be coming later in the afternoon to meet you. I suggest you bring Mister Ford along."

"Yes, Miss," Chandria said begrudgingly.

She was a bit annoyed at John because he was the reason she wasn't able to follow after Wolf. She went inside the classroom again, with John behind her smiling because he felt like he won their argument.

On the other hand, Wolf was already on his way to Villa Sorelle. He tried calling Alexis but she was not answering his calls. What's more, he got stuck in traffic in the Metro so when he finally arrived in Villa Sorelle, he was pissed as hell.

He knocked hard on the door until Yaya Tinay came and opened it for him.

"Where's Alexis?" Wolf demanded.

"Naku she's resting inside her room. But Sir Marco is with her," Yaya Tinay said.

Wolf went up towards Alexis' room in a hurry. He arrived the moment Marco was on his way out of Alexis' room. Wolf charged towards him and grabbed Marco's collar, banging his back on the wall.

"What are you doing here?" Wolf angrily said.

"What the – You again!" Marco tried to push Wolf off but Wolf was pinning him on the wall hard.

"I said, what are you doing here?" Wolf repeated.

"I'm here to take care of Alexis. Who the hell are you anyway? Why do you keep butting into our business?"

"I –" Wolf was about to say. But then he paused as he did not know what to say. He didn't know why he kept reacting that way when it came to Alexis. She's only just a girl who he happened to be taking care of because he had a favor to return to her. But if that was the case, why did he worry over her so much when they only met a few days ago.

"Marco? What's going on?" they heard Alexis say from inside her room.

"Nothing," Marco answered. He smoothed out his clothes and was about to walk back inside Alexis' room but Wolf stopped him.

"What? Why don't you leave?" Marco scoffed. "You have no business here."

"Yes, I do," Wolf said. "Because you're hitting on my girlfriend."