Chapter Nine: Games

"Oh my God," Alexis exclaimed. "I swear your driving will give me a heart attack, Wolf."

Alexis and Wolf finally arrived at the beach house the Fords owned. It was a lone three-storey house on a strip of beach, with white walls and a beige rooftop. There were huge glass windows all around it and beach chairs set up at the back where there was a great view of the beach. Alexis could hear house music blaring even before she saw the house.

Wolf and Alexis were the last few to arrive mainly because Wolf enjoyed driving his car too much. When they arrived on a secluded road with only a few cars around, Wolf went a hundred miles per hour just to test it and they shot past their turn and got a little lost.

"OA," Wolf said, smiling.

"Do you even know what that means?" Alexis said as she opened the car door.

"Wait, I'll help you," Wolf hurried to her side and helped her. A lot of cars were parked out front, and Alexis was sure that the place was packed. Some of the people there she recognized to be some of their classmates. There were also some from other schools and a few she didn't recognize.

"Lex!" somebody called. "You only just arrived now?"

"Ria!" Alexis turned around. "Ugh, yeah, blame Wolf's new Porsche. Anyway, why didn't you fetch me?"

"I didn't bring my car. Here, why don't you two drink up," she handed Alexis and Wolf the two cups she was holding.

"Does this have alcohol?" Wolf asked.

"I think so, but you can't even taste it," Chandria said. "Or so they say."

"Cheers," Alexis said as she drank the contents of her cup.

"Isn't that a surprise," Wolf commented as he drank from his cup.

"What?" Alexis asked.

"Didn't realize the president of the student council was such a rule breaker," Wolf said, a small smile on his lips.

Alexis giggled, "Sorr to burst your bubble then."

"Yeah, I'll have you know, Wolf, Lex can handle alcohol better than Liz and me," Chandria quipped.

"As long as it's not vodka or beer. Those stuff taste awful," Alexis said, her face turning sour at the mention of her hated drinks.

"I knew that you're a lightweight, Cha. Remember that time when you had a glass too many of wine and you drunk called me?" Wolf chuckled.

"Please don't remid me. That's why I'm not drinking, just giving them out to people," Chandria replied with a blush.

"Where's Liz?" Alexis asked. "Any news on what happened?"

"Nothing yet, but they did arrive together," Chandria answered. "Oh wait, I see her. Come on Lex, let's talk to her."

"Will you be okay alone, Wolf?" Alexis asked.

Wolf nodded as he prodded them to go. Chandria helped Alexis walk over to where Elizabeth was, which was out back on one of the beach chairs. The cold wind nipped at their exposed skin as soon as they stepped out the house.

"Hey, Liz," Chandria greeted her as she and Alexis sat down next to her.

"Hey," Elizabeth greeted back. "How's your foot, Lex?"

"Healing. Slowly. It's too much hassle," Alexis said. "Uhm, how about you, Liz? How's, uhm... how'd you get here?"

Elizabeth looked at them suspiciously, "Did you two know about it?"