Chapter Forty-One: Good Night and the Morning After (WoLexis)

"Wolf?" Alexis called.

It was their first night in Santorini and like how they all agreed on, Wolf and Alexis slept on the same room that night. It was two in the morning and Alexis was wide awake because of jet lag. They were both lying in bed, upon Alexis' insistence. She didn't want to make Wolf sleep on the couch so they compromised and placed pillows in between them.

"Wolf?" Alexis called again but Wolf didn't budge. Alexis sat up to get a better look at Wolf. She saw that Wolf's eyes were closed and he looked like he was peacefully sleeping.

Alexis could see the rise and fall of Wolf's chest despite the thick comforter they share. She could see the peaceful look on his face as he slept, the long lashes on his eyes, the sharpness of his nose, his smooth cheeks and his soft, pink lips.

"Mhhmmm," Wolf moaned. "Ma..."

Alexis' eyebrows shot up in surprise but she did remember that Wolf talked in his sleep. She tried listening to what Wolf was saying but since Wolf was barely audible, she leaned in closer to hear better. She didn't notice that as she went closer, she herself went over to the pillow barrier.

"Mhmm... no... Ma..." Wolf murmured. Wolf was saying something else but Alexis couldn't understand what it was so she leaned closer to Wolf's lips.

"No... Ma... please... stay..." Wolf said.

It finally dawned to Alexis that Wolf was dreaming of his Mom. Alexis pursed her lips and remained in that position but she took Wolf's hand on her own to somehow calm him. It seemed like it was working because Wolf stopped whispering in his sleep for a while and instead gripped Alexis' hand tightly.

"Alexis," Wolf murmured. It surprised Alexis and she immediately looked at his face to check if Wolf woke up. But Alexis saw that Wolf was still asleep.

Wolf's face looked so peaceful as he kept repeating Alexis' name unlike moments before when he looked like he was having a nightmare.

"Alexis," Wolf called. "I love you..."

Alexis smiled, her face clearly looked pleased. She was finally letting herself freely feel the feelings that she had been so long denying that she had for Wolf.

"Good night, Wolf," Alexis said as she kissed his cheek.

Alexis tried to lay down back on her side again but Wolf was clutching her hand and she was having a hard time to make herself comfortable. She had no other choice but to remove some of the pillows and wait until Wolf let go of her hand because it was only after then that she could return the pillows and lay in bed properly.

However, Alexis fell asleep.

And when she woke up, it was already morning, the sun was out and her arms were around Wolf who was already wide awake, staring back at her as she opened her eyes.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Wolf said, smiling at her.

"What time is it?" Alexis asked as she rubbed her eyes. Then she finally realized that they were very close to each other so she sat up away from Wolf.

"What, wait, Wolf!" Alexis protested.

"What? You were the one hugging me! I woke up and you were... well... the pillows were gone and you were wrapped around me. Not that I mind," Wolf defended himself. "I could stay here all day and we could do just this."

Alexis was blushing as Wolf raised their other hands that were still interlocked. Alexis didn't even notice that they were still holding hands because it seemed so natural for them to be holding hands like they always did before when they were kind-of into a relationship.