Chapter Thirty-Nine: Roommates

"We're finally here," Wolf said.

"I'm so tired," Alexis said as she sat on the couch.

Their vacation just started and they had arrived in Santorini, Greece after a 20-hour long flight. All of them felt tired.

It was nine in the morning and they were just ushered in the presidential villa in a luxury resort in Santorini. All six of them sat down, tired and wanting to rest. A bellboy was there, and he was getting their luggage and placing it inside.

"So what's the plan?" Chandria asked, after a moment of silence. "Do we rest first then have lunch or have brunch then rest?"

"Let's just rest first, please," Elizabeth said, her eyes closed. Then she opened her eyes and asked the bellboy, "How many rooms does this place has? I mean, do we each get a room?"

"Our presidential villa has three rooms, Ma'am," the bellboy said. "Perfect for each pair."

Chandria suddenly became alert, "What?!"

"A message was left on our front desk for Mr. Ford," the bellboy pulled out a paper from his pocket.

"For me?" John and Wolf said in unison. They looked at each other but since John was closer, he was the one who stood up and took the slip of paper.

"Do you need anything else?" the bellboy asked.

"No, thanks," Alvin handed him tip.

"Then I'll be taking my leave," the bellboy said. "Enjoy your stay!"

"Who is it from?" Alvin asked when the bellboy left.

"It's from my Mom," John replied.

"And what did she say?" Elizabeth asked.

"It says that the girls' parents only allowed this unsupervised vacation with her promise that we would protect them always," John said.

"That's all?" Wolf asked.

"And that we would all stay in one place so that we are able to keep watch on each other at all times," John said. "It also says that she trusts us to make wise decisions and reminds us to not do anything that will... tarnish each other's reputations."

"What does that mean?" Chandria asked.

John just shrugged as he folded the letter.

"So I guess that means we're stuck with each other here then," Elizabeth said. "But the real question is who rooms with who?"

They all looked at each other, except Alexis whose eyes were still closed.

"Lex, did you hear what I said?" Elizabeth asked.

"I did," Alexis said. "But I'm too tired to argue right now. Can we just please rest for a while first then discuss this over lunch?"

"That sounds fine with me," Wolf agreed. "Are you okay, Alexis?"

"Yeah, but I really want to take a nap right now," Alexis said.

"It's because you were too hyper on the plane," Elizabeth said.

"Why don't you go in one of the rooms and we'll take care of our luggage," Alvin suggested.

Alexis opened her eyes and said, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead, Lex, before you fall asleep here on the couch," Chandria said.

"Thanks, guys," Alexis said as she stood up and trudged inside the closest bedroom.

While Alexis slept, the rest of them arranged their things. The boys let the girls have the walk-in closet and for the next few hours, everybody rested and freshened up. But Alexis was still deeply asleep inside the room. She woke up when she heard the sound of running water.