Chapter Forty-Four: Deeply

"Good morning," Alexis greeted, still in her sleepwear, as she entered the kitchen in their villa. "You guys are up early."

Alvin, Wolf and John were in the kitchen in their suite, cooking and preparing breakfast for them. The three boys all looked cute wearing white aprons while they were preparing.

"What are you doing?" Elizabeth entered the kitchen with Alexis.

"Cooking breakfast," Wolf answered.

"You're cooking breakfast?" Elizabeth asked. "Why?"

"Ask John," Alvin replied. "It was his idea."

Alexis and Elizabeth turned to John who was preparing coffee, tea and juice. John smiled at them then raised his hand.

"Yes?" Alexis said, reading what was written on John's hand. "You got a tattoo?"

"Oh!" Elizabeth exclaimed. "Ria said yes?"

"Ria said yes?" Alexis asked. "What's going on?"

"Oh you didn't know yet?" Elizabeth answered. "John asked her if he could court her. And she apparently said yes. Congratulations, John!"

"When did this happen?" Alexis asked.

"Don't worry Alexis," Wolf said. "I only found out about it an hour ago too."

"The other day," Elizabeth answered. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure Ria will tell us all about it. I only heard secondhand info anyway."

"Is that why you're preparing breakfast this morning?" Alexis asked.

"Yeah," Wolf answered. "Woke us up just because his plan had one flaw – he doesn't know how to cook."

"Hey, I'm preparing the drinks here," John protested. "And I was the one who went to the market."

"Yeah, you didn't even know what to buy," Alvin said. "Woke me up to go with him to the market."

"Why don't you guys just shut up and just finish cooking?" John scowled at them as Alexis and Elizabeth giggled. "I'm going to arrange the table."

John left again, this time carrying the tray full of drinks with him. 

"So what's for breakfast?" Alexis asked, walking nearer.

"Waffles," Wolf answered. "With fruits. Alvin's peeling the fruits. John almost killed himself with the knife when he tried peeling the pears he bought."

"Ah... really..." Alexis said, a sly smile on her lips. "Hey, you have something on your cheek."

"What?" Wolf said, touching his cheek with his hand. "Where?"

"On the other side," Alexis said, trying hard not to laugh as Wolf touched his other cheek.

"Nice makeup, Wolf," Alvin commented, laughing at Wolf's face.

"What?" Wolf asked.

Elizabeth was giggling by then too. Alexis, while laughing, took her phone and opened the camera. She took a picture of Wolf  then showed it to him. He had flour on both cheeks because his hands were covered in flour from mixing the waffle batter.

"Haha, very funny Alexis," Wolf said. Alexis giggled even more so Wolf reached out to her cheeks to put flour on her face too.

"Hey!" Alexis squealed. She took a handful of flour from the bowl too and brushed her hand to Wolf's face, adding more flour. Elizabeth and Alvin laughed at their friends' silliness so Alexis turned to Elizabeth and placed flour on her cheeks, igniting a flour war between the four of them. The four of them were laughing, throwing flour at each other when John came back.