Chapter Eighty-Three: Elizabeth is Queen

"Do you think this'll be our last birthday to spend together in a while?" Elizabeth asked.

The Power A.C.E. was by the beach, which was in front of the Ford beach house, celebrating their traditional birthday salubong for Elizabeth. They were sitting in a circle, a bonfire in front of them.

It was actually the Ford brothers who suggested to their girlfriends that they use it during their first double date together and when they overheard Alexis and Chandria talking about it. Alexis and Chandria thought it was a good idea, and so they had a small luau set up by the beach and had ridden the helicopter to go there.

"Of course not!" Alexis replied. "We're just a plane ride away from each other so I'm pretty sure we could make time."

"Yeah," Chandria said. "The three of us had been through a lot to just see each other everytime we come home here in the Philippines when we get to college."

Elizabeth smiled, "You're right. I mean, the last time we even went to this place, both of you were denying feelings from Wolf and John. But now you both have your fairy tale happily every after with them."

Alexis and Chandria glanced at each other.

"We wish that for you too, Liz," Chandria whispered.

"I am happy," Elizabeth said. "The awkwardness between the three of us is finally gone, Aaron's fulfilling his promise and I haven't seen him since then, and I heard Hope was going somewhere far away after my family had dropped the charges against her. Plus, my debut's later and all my friends and family will be there. And I feel like I'm finally moving forward. So... yeah, I am happy."

"But... what about Alvin?" Alexis carefully asked.

"What about him?" Elizabeth said.

"Have you forgiven him?" Chandria asked.

Elizabeth didn't reply. Instead, she hugged her knees closer to her and stared straight at the bonfire.

"Liz... it's not a sign of weakness," Alexis said.

"What's not a sign of weakness?" Elizabeth asked.

"Forgiving Alvin," Alexis said. "I understand that some things... some people are hard to forgive. Some are even unforgivable... after they did things and destroyed things that are irreplaceable. But sometimes... sometimes we're just a little scared that they'll hurt us again. So we protect our hearts, keep them a little closer, hang onto them a little tighter. But also sometimes... sometimes we feel so much hate and pain against one person because we love that person that much too, you know."

"Are you telling me I still love Alvin?" Elizabeth said.

Chandria and Alexis glanced at each other again before Chandria answered, "Yes. We think you do. We think you still do."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," Elizabeth said. "Marco's going to be my escort tomorrow. He's the one who's been with me through all this Hope debacle so... let's not talk about this anymore. Please."

Chandria and Alexis just nodded. They didn't want to aggravate her further but they just wanted her to be truly happy so they thought of talking to her about it. They really couldn't do anything much if this is what Elizabeth really wanted. Besides, only she could decide what will happen between her, Marco and Alvin now.

The three girls soon went home after that, and the day passed in a blur especially for Elizabeth as she was busy preparing for her debut as soon as she finished eating breakfast with Alvin as he still went over to her house before the sun rose, with his little surprise of the day and then he ate breakfast with her.