Chapter Thirty-Seven: Truth or Date

All girls and their dates were finally walking towards their assigned destinations. John, Chandria, Alexis and Wolf were walking in the same direction. It was the most awkward the four of them had ever felt.

"Where are we going?" John asked, just to break the silence.

"On the rooftop of the main building," Alexis answered. "Look, they even lighted up the bat signal."

Alexis pointed up and sure enough, you could see the bat signal illuminating the sky.

"That's cool," John said as he looked up.

"Why does it look like someone's playing favoritism to Batman here?" Wolf said. "Where's Joker's signal?"

"He doesn't have one," Chandria said.

"Besides, someone from the student council is a super fan of Batman that's why he gets a signal," Alexis said.

"Oh yeah?" Wolf said. "Then maybe if someone else from the student council was a fan of Batman, you should've been not into him, Alexis. Maybe you should've sided with Joker."

"But Batman's the good guy and the student council is all for the good," John said.

"So Wolf and I are on a rooftop too, right?" Chandria asked, breaking the fight that was bound to happen between the two if she let Wolf talk anymore.

"Yeah," Alexis said. "Most of us are in rooftops. It's because it's the most romantic place we could think of that's not crowded with people."

"And you put Wolf on the club building," Chandria whispered. "Which is beside the main building."

Chandria and Alexis glanced at each other meaningfully. John and Wolf heard what she said and the four of them knew what it meant. Because the main building and club building were beside each other, they mostly had a view of each other and what's happening on each other's dates.

"Yeah," Alexis said, biting her lip. She really didn't think that they would be in that situation.

"Well this is gonna be fun," Wolf said sarcastically, placing an arm around Chandria.

"Oh it will be," John said, glaring at Wolf. "Let's go, Alex."

John grabbed Alexis' arm and after one last apologetic look at Chandria, John pulled Alexis away.

Alexis and John went inside the main building and rode the elevator up the rooftop. They were both quiet. It was a bit awkward because it was the first time the two of them were ever alone together.

When the elevator opened, John immediately saw the romantic set-up fit for Batman himself. There were Christmas lights strung above them as if they were under a tent of lights. The place was also filled with black and yellow balloons. In the middle was a table set for two and a waiter was there to serve them.

"Nice," John commented.

"Thanks," Alexis said. "We worked hard for this."

John smiled, clearly impressed, "Well, let's at least make the most out of this, right?"

"Yeah, I guess," Alexis agreed.

"I mean, this is for charity anyway, right?" John said. "Come on, let's eat?"

They walked over to the table and, to Alexis' surprise, John was being courteous to her and he pulled out the chair for her and everything. They started eating and John tried to make Alexis feel comfortable and was being a surprisingly good date to her.

"What?" John asked because Alexis was looking at him weirdly.

"Nothing, just... I didn't peg you to be the gentleman type."