Chapter Sixty-Eight: Mr. X

Chandria was making a speech, thanking everyone who came to the party, especially her family and best friends. But when she glanced on the table where her best friends were supposed to be, she was surprised to not find anyone there. 

However, the program must go on so she did her best to hide her panic. She felt like something was wrong. She knew her best friends wouldn't just go without any valid reason, especially with all of them nowhere in sight. 

As soon as she finished her speech and the toasts, she discreetly whispered to John, "Hey. Where are Wolf and the others?"

"I don't know," John frowned as he looked around. He had noticed Wolf leave their table in a hurry but now he couldn't find him anywhere. "You want me to look for them?"

"Please. Something must have happened."

The program ended and Chandria became busy greeting her guests. John quietly slipped away to look for Wolf and the others. He stepped out of the venue and that was when he saw Wolf and Alvin talking to the security guards.

"What's going on?" John asked. All of them turned to look at him, both Wolf and Alvin had grim looks on their faces.

"Alexis and Elizabeth are missing," Alvin answered.

"What?" John exclaimed.

While John was dancing with Chandria for her 18 roses, Wolf had spotted Alvin running towards the exit of the venue while he was waiting for Alexis to return. He knew she had just gone to the bathroom. But he was surprised when he also saw Nancy frantically running towards the exit after Alvin.

Wolf knew something was up so he stood up and followed them. He saw them both talking to the security guards and it was then that he found out that Alexis and Elizabeth were both missing.

Wolf shouted in fury, "What? How the hell could that happen? Weren't you with her, Nancy?"

"She's not in the bathroom when I checked, Sir Wolf," Nancy apologetically said. "I checked every cubicle. I even searched the immediate vicinity. I couldn't find her. That was when I saw Sir Alvin and found out he was also looking for Miss Elizabeth."

"Shit," Wolf took out his phone and dialed Alexis' number.

"I already tried calling Alexis," Alvin said. "Her phone just keeps ringing. Liz' phone is turned off."

Wolf cursed again, then they all scattered around the lot to try and look for the girls again. Wolf had ordered Nancy to go to the security room to check the CCTV footage.

Wolf kept calling Alexis' phone. He didn't give up hope as it was still ringing. But when he heard a phone ringing when he got in the parking lot, he turned frantic as he looked where it was coming from. He briskly walked around, following the sound, until he was by Elizabeth's car. He knelt down and looked under it and saw Alexis' phone. It had a huge crack on the screen and he felt his body turn cold when he saw it. 

He grabbed Alexis phone and saw an unsent message, "Wolf, I'm sorry. I love you. Please tell Papa that I'm sorry and that I love him too." 

Alexis had a feeling that whoever was behind the messages and took Elizabeth was watching her. So she quickly typed the short message before she stepped out the back door. She hurriedly walked over Elizabeth's car, pretending to look if Elizabeth was there. She subtly dropped her phone and then walked away to really look for Elizabeth. She knew she was in trouble and she at least wanted to leave them some clues on what happened.

Wolf clenched his fists, "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" 

He snooped on Alexis' phone, looking for clues as to where she might be when he saw the messages supposedly from Elizabeth and the video attached. He contacted Alvin and they met up. It was then that John had arrived and saw them huddled in a circle by the entrance.