Chapter Twelve: Longest Night

"Hey!" Wolf called as he knocked on Alexis' door. "Are you girls all right?"

Nobody answered. John pushed Wolf aside and knocked loudly.

"Chandria!" John called. "Chandria!"

Wolf pushed John but John wouldn't budge so they kept pushing each other.

"What the fuck, Wolf!" John cursed.

"Go away, I was here first!" Wolf said.

"Still fighting, I see," Elizabeth said from the other side of the door. "Or hear. Whatever."

"Liz!" John said. "Did something happen? We heard a loud thud."

"What are you talking about?" Elizabeth said. "I woke up because of your incessant knocking. Ria and Lex are still asleep. So keep your voices down."

"Is there anyone else in the house?" Wolf asked.

"Just us six," Elizabeth said. "Why?"

"You sure?" John said. "We heard something fall, like a metal."

"Oh my God," Elizabeth whispered. "She's back."

"Who's back?" Wolf asked.

"Emily," Elizabeth said.

"Who the hell is Emily?" Wolf said.

"She was the old owner of this house. They said that she was a rich old lady but also a mean one. She didn't want anybody else to have her house even after she died. But her son sold it when she died and now she haunts this house trying to get it back," Elizabeth narrated. "She appears in mirrors and hides in closets, and she really, really hates newcomers coming in the house."

"Are you joking?" John said, getting goosebumps.

"I'm not," Elizabeth said. "And John, whatever you do, don't look back."

"Wha-why?" John stammered.

"Because she slowly creeps up behind you. And when you turn your head, she'll..." Elizabeth screamed as a loud boom was heard.

"Shit!" Wolf shouted.

"Fuck!" John screamed louder.

And from the other side of the door, Elizabeth was laughing. "I can't believe you guys fell for that."

The loud boom they just heard was actually Elizabeth banging her fists hard on the door.

"Liz, what happened?" Alexis said, her voice sounding weak and like she just woke up.

"Fuck, you're really crazy, Liz," John said, shaking his head.

"Alexis? Are you okay?" Wolf asked, ignoring Elizabeth and his hammering heart because he was also startled.

"Yeah, I am. But I feel really hot," Alexis said.

"That's because you have fever," Elizabeth said, calming down a little after laughing so hard. "And that's what you guys heard. Something fell 'cause Ria dropped the basin full of cold water in the bathroom, so she's kind of mopping up right now."

"Have you given her any medicine?" Wolf asked.

"Not yet," Elizabeth said. "We don't have some here. And since we can't give her any, Ria thought we'd give her a cold sponge bath."

"Where are the medicines?" Wolf asked.

"In the medicine cabinet in the bathroom downstairs," Elizabeth answered.

Wolf immediately left to go get it, leaving John by the door.

"John?" Elizabeth called. "Hey John?"