Chapter Sixteen: Advices

Alexis had been busy ever since she came back to school because she had to catch up with both school work and student council duties. But she was a champion multi-tasker and no time, she was already up-to-date with all her student council duties.

Besides, Wolf was always there to help her. They went to school together when she finally felt much better. She hadn't gone down Wolf's car when she saw Chandria was waiting for her, They had talked on the phone and she knew about the Elizabeth and Marco issue but Chandria sidetracked their conversation.

"Lex," Chandria said. "There's a rumor going around here that you and Wolf are... uhm, in a relationship."

"What?" Alexis exclaimed.

"So it's not true right?" Chandria asked. "I mean, come on, you guys have only known each other for, what, a week?"

"Actually, Ria... It's true. But how did you know when it only happened yesterday?"

"What?" Chandria exclaimed this time. "How did that happen? Oh my God!"

However, Alexis wanted to tell her personally so Chandria really waited when Alexis told her she was finally coming back to school.

"Where's Liz?" Alexis asked. "Have you told her?"

"Yeah, I asked her to come with me but... she won't leave Marco's side," Chandria answered, frowning.

"Have you tried talking to her? I've been calling her but she's not answering my calls."

"I did but she won't tell me anything."

"Maybe she'll talk to us when both of us go to her."

"I hope so. Anyway, please, tell me what happened. I'm dying to know."

"Can we go in first?" Wolf cut in. He took Alexis' wheelchair down. Even though it was the automated kind, he still wanted to push it for her. In the first place, it was him who insisted that Alexis use the wheelchair.

On their way to the classroom, Alexis told Chandria what happened. Chandria accepted what they told her, and she thought it was also probably for the best. She didn't want Alexis to end up like Chandria, secretive and not talking to them. Besides, she thought it was better this way since it was Wolf who would be with Alexis. Not only did Chandria know him well but she trusted him too. Wolf left the girls for a while to go to his locker.

"Just be careful, Lex," Chandria adviced. "I know Wolf, and he's not a bad guy. I'm sure he won't hurt you."

"But?" Alexis said.

"Just... just remember that it may not be pretend but it would be hard for you to develop actual feelings when your relationship already has a break-up date."

"I know, don't worry about it. You know me. I haven't had a relationship yet because no one passes my standards. Besides, I only consented because I didn't want Marco to keep pestering me."

"Okay. If you say so."

Alexis just smiled. She was confident that what Chandria was saying wouldn't happen. Alexis wouldn't deny that Wolf was very, very gorgeous and very kind. But Alexis was also sure that she wouldn't get swept away that easily.

Until one afternoon, while she was in the student council office, doing some paperwork. Wolf was with her, of course, but he was so tired lately from juggling school, basketball practice and taking care of Alexis that he fell asleep on the couch in Alexis' office. Suddenly, Wolf grunted in his sleep. Alexis looked up from what she was doing and that Wolf looked like he was having nightmares.

Still in a wheelchair, she went nearer to Wolf.

"Ma..." Wolf muttered.

"Oh!" Alexis gasped in surprise. She didn't know Wolf talked in his sleep.