Chapter Fifty-Nine: Opéra des Anges: Alexis at 18

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and allow me to welcome you to this gorgeous night as we celebrate one special girl's journey to womanhood!" the celebrity host said. It was the night of Alexis' debut and the program was finally starting.

The theme was Victorian goth, with a classic black and white motif. It was being held on the Glass Garden. There was a black carpet in the middle and tables on either side. The tables had white covers and were adorned with red roses in vases inside black cages as centerpieces.

The whole pep squad was there and they occupied two tables along with their dates. On the right side, the table closest to where Alexis would sit, Alexis' father along with their few relatives were seated. On the left, Chandria, John, Elizabeth and Alvin were seated. Hope had wanted to sit with them but there were seating arrangements made and she was with the rest of the pep squad on the next one.

In Alexis' invitation, she had asked her guests to wear black dresses and tuxedos.

Chandria was wearing a black lace, formal evening gown with capped sleeves, a tiered skirt, lightly embellished with Swarovski crystals. Elizabeth, on the other hand, donned a turtleneck mermaid dress, with long lace sleeve and an open back. The boys, on the other hand, were wearing all-black tuxedos.

The lights dimmed and a video showing a short clip about Alexis – how she grew up to be the woman she was to that day – was being played.

"Let us not wait any longer and let us welcome our lovely debutante, Alexis Sandoval!" the host said after the video.

The song Come Away with Me by Nora Jones suddenly played. There was a grand staircase at the back and a spotlight shone there. Alexis went out and stood at the top, in a blood red sweetheart-cut ball gown with a low back and a relatively long train. It was also intricately designed with red precious stones. She was also wearing matching elbow-length red gloves. Her hair was tied up in an elaborate hairstyle and she was wearing drop earrings made out of rubies.

She had the sweetest smile on her face as she slowly descended the stairs wherein, at the end of it, Wolf was waiting for her. Wolf was wearing an all-black tuxedo, but his tie was red, to match Alexis.

When Alexis got down, Wolf took her hand and escorted her towards the stage, where a black plush Victorian arm chair was waiting for them. While they slowly walked in the middle, men and women dressed in black and wearing masks came out and a modern cotillion de honor started. It was an interpretative dance where the dancers pulled Alexis and Wolf apart, with the spotlight following them. They tried getting back together but the other dancers wouldn't let them go back in each other's arms. The song continued serenading them in the background.

So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

By the end of it, Alexis finally returned back to Wolf's arms. Wolf slowly dipped Alexis back, with their faces close to each other. And as the song fades into silence, Alexis' guests burst into applause.

"Wow!" the host said as the crowd continued clapping. "That was really an amazing number by our debutante and her escort, Mr. Wolf Ford!"

Alexis got back up the stage and sat on the armchair with Wolf standing beside her.

"Welcome to Opéra des Anges: Alexis at 18!" the host said. "To start, let us first start with a prayer from Mr. Aquintana."

The guests stood up and and there was a quick prayer and blessing over Alexis.

"And without further ado, as I know you are all as hungry as I am, let us dine in the scrumptious feast our debutante has prepared for us while we are serenaded with cool jazz tones by Miss Jacqui! Don't forget to use the hashtags #OpéradesAngeAlexis18, #MysticNightAlexisTurns18 and when you post your pictures tonight!"