Chapter Twenty-Five: Girls' Night Out

When Wolf arrived in the cafeteria, he looked around the room in search for Chandria. Luckily, he saw her alone, sitting on a table. Elizabeth and Alexis went to the bathroom and Chandria went ahead of them in the cafeteria. Wolf walked up to her.

"Cha," Wolf called. "Are you okay?"

"Uhm, yeah?" Chandria said. "Why?"

"John told me what happened," Wolf replied.

"He did?" Chandria said, surprised.

"Never mind that, are you okay?"

"I... yeah... kind of."

"I'm sorry you got dragged into my problems."

"Well I can't really say it's okay, can I? But I guess I should've seen it coming. How about you, are you okay?"

There was a pause, "Alexis told you?"

"Yes. You know, Wolf, she only did that because she thought it was for the best. Lex is one of the most honest persons I know and she wouldn't lie without good reason."

"How can you say that when you've just been lied to?"

Chandria smiled sadly, "Because our situations are different."

"What's so different about it? They're both liars," Wolf said, obviously still pissed from his confrontation with John. And now he's more pissed off because Chandria was so calm about everything when he wanted to punch somebody.

"Stop it, Wolf. Lex is my bestfriend too."

"And she was my girlfriend. Fuck, it's a good thing that whole crap was only pretend damn it! I just wasted my time taking care of a liar."

"Wolf!" Chandria said, appalled. But when Chandria noticed Alexis behind Wolf, her face immediately turned pale.

"Lex," Chandria called. Alexis and Elizabeth had returned and they were both just in time to hear what Wolf just said. Alexis looked like she was about to cry but then her expression changed to anger. Wolf turned around. Alexis took a step closer to him.

"I thought you said you don't do pretend. Who's the real liar now?" Alexis said. "I'm sorry I wasted your time. Don't worry, from now on, I'll forget about whatever happened between us."

Alexis turned around and was about to walk out but Wolf grabbed her arm.

"Alexis, I–" Wolf started to say but Alexis pulled her arm free from his hold.

"Don't touch me," Alexis said. "Let's just pretend we don't know each other. Isn't that what we're both good at? Pretending?"

With that, Alexis left, with Elizabeth following after her. Chandria was about to follow but she stopped in front of Wolf first.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Wolf. I can't believe you acted just like John," Chandria left, following after Elizabeth and Alexis. Wolf became angry at himself and realized that Chandria was right, he acted just like John. He kicked down a chair then he left.

Chandria caught up with Alexis and Elizabeth. They headed straight inside the student council room, in Alexis' office.

"Lex, I'm sorry," Chandria said.

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong," Alexis said. "I just feel stupid. I wish I didn't volunteer to read that poem in class. To think I mustered all the courage I had for that!"

"Did we go here so you two can mope?" Elizabeth said. "What we just changed locations?"

"As if you're not moping too," Alexis said. "And we don't even know why you're moping."