Chapter Sixty-Three: Distracted

"Welcome back, Lex!" Paige and the rest of the squad greeted Alexis.

Her punishment had finally passed and Alexis being grounded was finally lifted. I In her excitement, she woke up early to prepare for school. However, Mr. Christopher talked to her before she left.

"Alexis," Mr. Christopher called before she could stand up from the dining table.

"Yes, Papa?" Alexis said.

"Here are your cell phone and other gadgets," Mr. Christopher signaled to one of the body guards and he had with him a bag filled with her laptop, cell phone and other gadgets. Alexis grabbed her phone and had the made take the bag and had it brought up her room.

"Thank you, Papa," Alexis placed her cell phone in her bag.

"And you've already met Nancy. She'll be your personal body guard from now on. I've talked to Beaufort's principal and he agrees with me that your safety is a priority so he has given Nancy access to all school buildings so she can stay with you at all times."

"Okay," Alexis nodded. "Then I'm going to school now."

Alexis stood up and kissed her father on the cheek. But before she could leave the room, Mr. Christopher spoke again, "Alexis, I won't keep you from talking or seeing that boy. But keep in mind how I feel about it."

"But Pa, I thought you said..."

"That was before I knew what was really happening," he sternly cut her off. "Now get going or you'll be late. And don't even think about leaving Nancy."

Alexis' lips flattened into a tight line but she kept her protests to herself for the meantime. She curtly nodded anx then left for school. When she arrived, she was welcomed by the pep squad who was already in the classroom.

"Hi girls!" Alexis hugged them.

"OMG, Lex, we really missed you!" Mia said. "You didn't even post pictures, I mean, how was your Japan trip with Wolf?"

"And who's that with you?" Paige asked, glancing towards Nancy who was standing by the door.

But before Alexis could answer, she heard her name being called.

"Lex!" Chandria said. "You're here!"

"Ria!" Alexis turned and went towards the door as Chandria had just arrived. They both greeted each other with a warm hug.

"Hey, Alex," John, who was with Ria, smiled.

"Hi!" Alexis smiled back. "Where's Liz?"

"Are you sure you're looking for Liz and not my brother?"

"Wait, what? Did I hear that right?" Alexis eyes widened in surprise. "You are referring to Wolf, right John?"

"Do I have another brother? Because I sure hope not," John joked.

"Apparently," Chandria said. "John and Wolf are on good terms now. Very good terms it seems."

"Alexis..." Wolf called from behind Chandria. His face looked like someone who had just woken up from a nightmare, with relief passing through his face followed by happiness when he finally saw Alexis' face. He was dumbstruck like the moment he first laid eyes on Alexis.

Alexis, on the other hand, looked like she was about to cry out of sheer happiness at seeing Wolf, like a little girl on Christmas day opening her presents. But before she can react to anything more, she saw Nancy out of the corner of her eye as she was peeking inside the classroom to see what the commotion was all about. Alexis' smile faded as she remembered her father's words to her. Now she really felt like crying.