Chapter Fifty-Eight: Declarations

"So when are you going home?" Alexis asked Elizabeth.

They were back in the hospital, visiting Elizabeth. Elizabeth seemed well enough and, in fact, the IV that was previously attached on her arm had been removed. It was a Saturday night, a day after the end of the sports fest in Beaufort Academy. It was Alexis' debut tomorrow. It was a Sunday, but since it was a holiday the next day, Alexis had decided to push through with her celebration although it was a Monday the next day.

"Tomorrow morning," Elizabeth said. "Actually, I am cleared to go home today but Alvin insisted I stay another night just in case. So don't worry, Lex, I won't miss your debut for anything. No sickness can keep me from attending your birthday."

"Exag!" Alexis smiled. "Of course I asked because your health comes first! Plus Alvin might get angry at me if I make you go while you're sick."

"You're the one exaggerating!" Elizabeth said. "Alvin won't get angry at you."

"Yeah, Lex," Alvin said. "You're high up my list of favorite people.

"Just Lex?" Chandria piped up.

"Of course you too, Ria," Alvin grinned. "So where's Wolf and John?"

"John had to go somewhere," Chandria answered. "He'll be here in a few minutes, I guess."

"And Wolf's busy," Alexis said. "He can't go. He texted me saying so. John and Ria were the ones who fetched me at home."

"Wow, that's a first," Elizabeth said.

"Do you have something to wear tomorrow, Liz?" Chandria asked. "Wasn't the designer supposed to go at your house yesterday night for final fitting?"

"He went here instead," Elizabeth said.

"Wait... yesterday?" Alexis said. "Didn't Hope stay later than both Ria and I yesterday?"

"Yeah, she did," Chandria said. "She's been here everyday, right? And she's probably going today too."

"She won't," Elizabeth sighed. "My designer called me this morning. He said Hope called him and was pestering him to make her the same dress he made for me. He said Hope was even willing to double the price of the dress!"

"Oh my God," Alexis said. "Imagine if you both arrived wearing the same outfit. The gossip column will have something to talk about for days!"

"I know!" Elizabeth said. "It's a good thing my designer's loyal to me and he refused. He had the good sense to know that this would bring embarrassment to the both of us."

"It was fine while we're in school since we all wear the same uniform," Chandria commented. "Aren't you supposed to talk to her, Liz?"

"She did," Alvin said. "Yesterday when I went out because her designer arrived, Hope volunteered to stay with Bee. But we had talked beforehand that she should talk to Hope when she got the chance. And a chance came up yesterday."

"And?" Alexis said. "What happened?"

"It was an epic fail," Elizabeth said. "It was like she didn't hear what I said. It's weird. It's like I say one thing and she interprets it as another."

"Why, what happened?" Chandria asked.

"So when my designer left, I asked Hope to sit down beside me," Elizabeth said. "I asked how she was, then I asked... where she bought her car. And she told me where and actually admitted to buying it because it's the same as mine!"

"Tell them about the twins thing," Alvin added.

"So there, after that I asked if that was why she had all the same stuff as me," Elizabeth said. "And she said yes! Because we're soul twins and that was why we should have the same things!"