Chapter Fifty-Four: Sports Fest - Semi-finals Day

It was finally the sports fest week in Beaufort Academy.

All sports teams and clubs were the busiest this time of the year because it was the week that all sports teams held the inter-school semi-finals and the cheerleaders had the inter-school cheerleading contest. Aside from the fact that Beaufort Academy is the host school this year, Alexis made it a point to really make the fest into a festival as there were game booths everywhere so their visitors from other schools could enjoy themselves if they didn't want to watch a game or while they were waiting for the next game.

The first two days of the sports fest were filled with fun and competitive cheer. The pep squad were kept busy because they would go around and cheer for the different Beaufort sports teams.

It was the third day and semi-finals match of the Beaufort Titans. They just won a match against Nichols School in the morning and was set to have another match against another school in the afternoon. It was their last match for the semi-finals and if they win, they would advance to the championship.

Their match was against an all-boys school, Rosinate High, whose team was called Rosinate Hawks.

The game was set to happen after two hours but the pep squad were already in the gym. Elizabeth wanted to give her full support to them, especially since the captain of the Titans was her boyfriend. And since the inter-school cheerleading contest was tomorrow, it was also a practice of sort  for them.

The gym was closed off to other people because it was being prepped for the upcoming game, but then the Atwood Warriors, along with their school's pep squad, cockily came in the gym. They walked up towards the Beaufort pep squad. Elizabeth halted their practice and turned towards their unwelcomed visitors.

"The gym is still closed," Elizabeth crossed her arms on her chest.

"Yeah, can't you read?" Hope added. "Or are you guys blind? The sign outside says the gym is off-limits until the game. And the game is still an two hours away."

"Wow, Elizabeth," Maggie quipped. She was the captain of the Atwood pep squad. "You have your own mini-me now. Is this the tacky trend in your squad now? Have them look like you? Pathetic."

Hope, like she did last week, was turning herself more and more like Elizabeth. In fact that day, she had her hair styled the same way again plus she was even using and applying the same makeup as Elizabeth. Elizabeth didn't comment on it when she saw her and just said to herself that she only had two more days before she talked to Hope about it.

"Wow, Maggie," Elizabeth scoffed. "Do you want your squad eliminated from the contest because of your trash talking?"

"Chill, girls," Kobe cut in. "We just wanted to get the best seats to watch who will be our opponent for the championship."

"What?" Alexis said. "You mean you won?"

"Yeah," Kobe said. "And you're most likely looking at this year's inter-school champion."

"You wish," Elizabeth said. "Alvin and the rest of the team will win this game and defeat your team."

"If you're here to cause trouble," Alexis said. "Can you guys leave? Or do you want me to have you escorted out?"

"Lex," Chandria said. "They're our visitors."

"Ria, are you going to let them just say that? They started it and we have the right to be here while they don't," Alexis said then she turned to Maggie. "So Maggie, unless you want to be disqualified from the contest, I suggest you and the Warriors leave."

"Sweet," Harry, one of the members of Atwood Warriors, said. "I like feisty girls like you. Alexis, the student council president, right? I'm Harry Mendez."