Chapter Seventy-One: Knock Down

Wolf went back to the Sandoval's house to report to Alexis' father what he just found out.

His private investigator's report was complete as it included properties that Paul had acquired, even those he bought under an alias. Wolf had called John and his brother told him he's meet him at the Sandoval's home. They all had a meeting wherein John, Wolf, Mr. Christopher, Alvin and the police narrowed down the possible locations where Paul might be keeping the girls.

Alvin, Wolf, John and Mr. Christopher were in his office in the Sandoval house discussing what they should do. They had three possible locations, all under an alias.

"I'll go check these places out," Wolf said.

"It's too dangerous, Wolf," John said. "We should let the police handle this."

"It'll take them too long!" Wolf protested. "I'm just gonna check them out to make sure which place that asshole took them. That'll be easier right, at least they'll know which one's the right one!"

"I'll go with you," Alvin volunteered.

"Shit. Do you two have death wishes?" John  exclaimed. "It's dangerous! We shouldn't underestimate the guy. He single-handedly fooled us all and he's obviously dangerous."

"John's right," Mr. Christopher said. "We should let the police handle this. I already called Chief Superintendent Mendez and he and his men are forming SWAT teams as we speak. They'll go ahead to these locations."

"But Sir," Wolf protested.

"No buts, Wolf," Mr. Christopher said. "My daughter... I want you to be safe for when she arrives home. You three can stay here if you want, they'll coordinate to me asap what they found out."

Wolf wasn't happy about it but he did as he was told. Alvin and John also stayed, John mostly for his brother and bestfriend. He wanted to make sure that they didn't actually run off and do what they just said they would.

They stayed in the Sandoval's living room, restless.

Chandria arrived because John had texted her regarding the development. He ignored the sting in his heart whenever he remembered that Chandria gave back the promise ring he gave her as he knew Chandria wanted to know what was happening too. Chandria didn't reply to him but she went to the Sandoval's house immediately.

But she wasn't alone. Chris was with her.

Chandria was again obviously ignoring John. She acknowledged that he was there but she only nodded briefly on his direction and she, instead, headed straight to where Wolf sat to ask him what happened.

"Wolf," Chandria sat beside him. "You found out who took them?"

They were both sitting in the couch, Wolf barely looked up from the papers he was reading. He was looking over the file that his private investigator gave him. John pulled up a chair and sat in front of them, only a table separating them. Chris sat next to Chandria. Alvin was by the window, looking outside.

"It was Paul," John answered instead. Wolf didn't mind as he was busy looking for things they might have missed.

"Do you know where they are?" Chandria asked, not looking at John.

"We have three locations in mind," John crossed his arms. "All under his alias."

"Why aren't we going there now?" Chandria was still facing Wolf.

"The SWAT teams are on their way there," John answered her again.

"Wolf, come on. Answer me, are you okay?" Chandria placed her hand on his arm.