Chapter Seventy-Five: Stay

John's party was currently starting in the Ford estate. It was a formal party, with no programme just like how John asked it to be. The guests had arrived and were currently waiting for the birthday boy to make an entrance with his date.

Everyone who was anyone was present. Celebrities and CEOs among other public figures were present. And everyone in the business world knew of the latest gossip happening in Beaufort. After all, it was where those who graduated there met their future husbands and wives which in turn would affect future company mergers and deals. They were the next generation who would call the shots and since John would eventually inherit his family's business, they were waiting who  he would bring as his date.

Elizabeth was already there. She had arrived with Marco, raising a few eyebrows at the pair for the last gossip they heard was that she was in a relationship with Alvin.

Most of them had heard, of course, about the kidnapping incident that eventually led to Mr. Christopher Sandoval's sudden death. They knew that Elizabeth somehow got involved too but the details they knew were hazy and most focused on the death of the prominent lawyer.

Alvin was also present, in fact. What got their eye brows raising was the fact that Alvin was following after Elizabeth like a love sick puppy who lost his owner. It was another feast for the malicious gossipers. But for now, they were settling with waiting for John and his mystery date.

They have also heard about the troubles John was having with the unica hija of the Santoses so nobody knew who he would bring.

"Are you ready?" John asked his date. He was wearing a black tux, complete with a bow tie.

His date nodded. He offered his arm to her. She took it and held on his arm. John could feel his date's grip tighten on his arm. He took his other hand and patted it to calm her then looked at her with an encouraging smile. She smiled and composed herself.

The door opened to let them in. The crown turned their eyes towards them and you could almost hear muffled and collective gasps of surprise across the room.

It was Alexis.

It all started in the hotel room last night.

Alexis insisted to not going home. She had passed out when John was carrying her but she woke up for a bit and demanded again that she did not want to go home. John sighed thinking he might as well grant what she wanted.

He didn't know where he could bring her without attracting unwanted attention other than their own hotel so he had called ahead and even used the back door (or the employee entrance) to go in.

When they arrived in the suite, he had laid Alexis down the bed and was about to go to the other room when Alexis woke up and ran to the bathroom and started vomiting again. It was the first time she had drank so much to the point of feeling sick.

John followed after her, and held her hair off her face again. He patted her back and was taking care of her, even giving her a glass of water to wash her mouth with after. But Alexis was so weak from getting drunk that she could hardly stand straight so John carried her again back to the bed. He didn't hear when the door open and someone called out his name.

And he was as much in shock when he saw Wolf and Chandria standing by the door. But he was able to gain composure much faster so he laid Alexis in bed like he was going to and even tucked her in.

Then he went over to the two best friends. Chandria backed away a little, and John pushed Wolf out of the way, then he closed the door.

John crossed his arms, "What are you doing here?"