Chapter Sixty-Four: Lost

The Beaufort Titans lost.

They lost because three of their best players weren't playing at their best as they were preoccupied with problems regarding their lady loves.

At the end of the game, Coach Sam reprimanded them. Not because they lost but because they didn't give it their best. The Atwood Warriors had a 20-point lead on the final score.

Of course, every Titan was in a bad mood because of this but most especially John, Alvin and Wolf.

John was in the showers, pissed at himself because as much as he wanted to pull Chandria away from Chris, he couldn't do it. He kept thinking what if Chris wasn't sick, would he still do the same thing he did? Or would he be selfish and take all her time for himself although he had no right to?

"Shit!" John slammed his palms on the tiled wall in frustration.

On the other hand, Wolf showered and dressed in minutes. He had seen Alexis leave with her bodyguard but, unlike John, he didn't run after her.

He was walking out the lockerroom when he saw Elizabeth, still in her cheerleader uniform. She was leaning on the wall next to the door as if she's waiting for someone. Wolf nodded towards her but walked past her until Elizabeth stopped him.

"Wolf," Elizabeth called.

"If you're looking for Alvin, he's still inside," Wolf stopped on his tracks.

"No, I was actually waiting for you. It's about Alexis."

"Whatever it is. I'll talk to her myself. I'm going over to her house. She's not grounded anymore, anyway."

"Wait, Wolf. It's about that. I'm here to ask you to don't do that. I'm asking this favor as Alexis' best friend."

"What? Why? Did she tell you something? Did she tell you to say that?"

"No, she doesn't know that I'm doing this. I just... I know she's just going through so much right now, and she's just so torn between things and I kinda understand what she's going through."

"Don't you think you should just concentrate on your own problems instead?" Wolf frowned. He didn't know what was going on between Elizabeth and Alvin just that he knew that something was up because Alvin played lousier than any of them.

Elizabeth looked at him quizzically, "What do you mean?"

Wolf didn't respond. Elizabeth had noticed that Alvin played badly but she thought it was maybe one of those days, when nothing went your way.

Elizabeth sighed, "Look, I know it's not really my business to butt into your problems. I just thought I'd try talking to you about it. Please, Wolf. Please reconsider and give Lex some space. I know when she's ready she'll talk to you about it and you two can work it out together."

Wolf reluctantly nodded.

"That's all I wanted to say. Thanks for listening to me, Wolf," Elizabeth said before leaving.

Wolf went straight to his car. He was mulling over what Elizabeth told him as he started his car. He drove around in a bad mood that he almost got into an accident. He was so pissed because he just could not understand what was happening and why Alexis wouldn't talk to him about what's bothering her.

When he stopped his car, he looked up Alexis' window. It was where he had been going to for these past two weeks, hoping and wishing he'd see a glimpse of his love. He didn't realize that although he saw Alexis just a few hours ago, he'd still be back there that night, where both of them wished upon the stars.

"Damn it, Alexis!" sabi ni Wolf, very frustrated. "I thought we were partners-in-crime? Why are you leaving me behind?"

Back in Beaufort, Elizabeth was waiting for Alvin. She was in the parking lot, leaning on the Bentley she gave him for his birthday. She was trying to call him to tell him where she's waiting for him. But Alvin wasn't answering his phone so she just texted him and waited.