Chapter Thirty-One: Flower Power

It was finally the night before Beaufort Academy's Foundation Day would start. The past three weeks had been very hectic for the three girls, most especially for Alexis since she was juggling being the head of the activities, helping other clubs and practicing for the concert. In fact, since that day Wolf boldly announced to her that he'd courting her, Alexis had been so busy she hardly had the time to entertain him.

And now that it's starting, she's hoping that she would at least enjoy the events she worked hard on.

"Pa," Alexis called, knocking on Mr. Christopher's study. She opened the door a little and saw that her father was on a chair behind his desk, reading over files.

"Alexis," he said as he looked up.

Alexis went inside then she sat on a chair, "Pa, I just want to remind you about tomorrow. It's the opening of the Foundation Day so you have to be there."

"Of course. I won't miss it for anything. Have you prepared your speech for the opening?"

"Yes, Pa. Anyway, I just came to remind you of that. I'm gonna get some rest now, okay? Good night, Pa," Alexis stood up, went over to her father and hugged Mr. Christopher, who was still sitting. "Love you."

"Good night, Alexis," Mr. Christopher said. "Love you too."

Alexis was about to go out but then she paused by the door. It seemed as if she had something more to say, "Pa... uhm..."

"Yes?"

"Uhm... Pa... uhm..."  Alexis said. She wanted to tell him about Wolf but she was having a hard time on where to start. It was the first time she was going to talk to him about one particular boy after all. Her father would ask and tease her about boys sometimes before but she would always brush these jokes off.

Mr. Christopher smiled, "Is this about that young boy who came here before? What was his name? Wolf Ford?"

"Uhm, yes, Pa," Alexis said returning to seat.

"So, tell me about it," Mr. Christopher put down the folder he was reading.

"Actually, Pa–" Alexis started to say but before she could go on further, someone knocked on the door.

"Excuse me, Miss," a maid said. "You have a visitor."

Alexis looked at the clock on her father's desk. It was past eight in the evening and she didn't make plans with anybody as far as she remembered so she wondered who could it be.

"Who is it?" Alexis asked.

"Miss Chandria," the maid answered.

Alexis was surprised since Chandria didn't tell her that she was coming over, but it wasn't really that weird and she thought Chandria might just had something to tell her about the foundation day happening tomorrow.

"Go on," Mr. Christopher said. "We'll talk about this Wolf some other time."

"Okay, Pa," Alexis left her father's office and went to the living room where Chandria was waiting for her. "Ria? Is something wrong?"

"Lex!" Chandria exclaimed when she saw her friend. "Please help me."

"Sure. What about?"

"I want you to wear a mask for the fashion show. I have several masks with me and I wanted a look test first."

"Isn't this a little... last minute? But sure I'll try them on."

"Here," Chandria handed her a mask.

Alexis put it on, "Uhh, Ria. Unless you want me to trip on stage, your masks better have peepholes in them."

"So you can't see anything?" Chandria asked.