Chapter Fifty-Six: The After-Contest Effects

"So how is she?" Alexis asked Alvin.

They were in the hospital, inside the presidential suite, where Elizabeth was sleeping in bed. After Elizabeth fainted, Alvin immediately ran to her and carried her to the clinic. The doctor suggested that they ambulance her out of the school and into the hospital.

Alvin rode the ambulance with Elizabeth while Alexis and Chandria, with Wolf and John, followed using their cars. When they arrived in the emergency room, and when Elizabeth finally woke up, she started vomiting. It took a while before her stomach finally calmed down. An IV was injected in her  arm to prevent dehydration then she was transferred in the presidential suite where she currently slept.

Alvin, Chandria, Alexis, Wolf and John were in the other room, in the guest room of the presidential suite. They were seated in the couch, with steaming coffee that Wolf bought placed on the table.

"She's fine," Alvin answered. "She took medicine and finally stopped vomiting."

"What did the doctor say?" Chandria asked.

"Food poisoning," Alvin was pacing around the room because although Elizabeth was relatively fine then, he still couldn't shake the worry he was feeling.

"Food poisoning? She hardly even ate anything today. All she ate today was–" Alexis abruptly stopped talking and her eyes widened.

"What?" John asked.

"An... apple," Alexis continued. "An apple from the basket of fruits that was from Alvin."

"What?" Alvin stopped pacing and looked at Alexis. "What basket of fruits? I didn't give her any."

"Are you calling Alexis a liar?" Wolf cut in.

"Of course not," Alvin said. "I'm just saying it wasn't from me. Who told you it was from me?"

"Uhm... Hope," Alexis said just as a knock was heard. They all looked at the door as it opened, revealing Hope.

"Hi!" Hope greeted. She was still in their cheerleading uniform, like Alexis and Chandria. Awkward silence filled the room.

"What's wrong?" Hope, asked as she closed the door. "Oh my gosh, is Liz okay?"

"Did you fucking give poisoned apple to Elizabeth?" Wolf frowned.

"Wolf!" Alexis gasped.

"Huh?" Hope said. "Ah... what do you mean? What poisoned apple?"

"Uhm, Hope," Alexis said. "Remember you gave a basket of fruits to Liz that you said was from Alvin? We just found out that Alvin didn't send it."

"Oh no!" Hope said. "I'm so sorry! I just assumed..."

"You didn't even make sure who it was from?" John frowned. "Are you even sure somebody asked you to give it to her?"

Hope's face looked horrified when she realized what John was insinuating, "I would never harm, Liz! I swear someone came and while Lex and Liz were talking in the corner of the balcony. When I asked who is it for, he just pointed and I... I assumed it was for Liz from Alvin. I'm so sorry. I really didn't know."

"John, Wolf," Alvin called. "Lay it off. Innocent until proven guilty."

"Bro, it's your girlfriend who was harmed," John defended. "And our friend too so we're just making sure."

Of course, the Ford brothers were just concerned that another incident like this one might happen again and since Alexis and Chandria were also part of the squad, they worried that they might be the next target of whoever did it.