Chapter Seven: Promises

Chandria was panicking. She was thinking hard on how she'd exchange phones with John when she didn't want to talk to him because she was very much still annoyed over what he did. She was doing that when John's phone suddenly rang.

Calling... Alvin Lopez.

She answered the call, thinking Alvin might be able to help her.

"Bro! Where are you? I've been –" Alvin said but then he suddenly stopped talking.

Chandria looked at the phone's screen and saw that the call was still connected. When she put the phone back on her ear, she heard John's voice in the background.

"Bro, can you get my phone for me. I left it in my car," John asked. "Here's the key. I still need to change and I'm already running late. Thanks, Bro."

Chandria got excited when she saw the opportunity so she spoke up, "Alvin!"

"Hello? Who's this? Why do you have John's phone?" Alvin demanded.

"It's Chandria. Long story. Can you meet me in the parking lot?" Chandria said. "It's my phone that's inside John's car, our phones got switched. Please don't mention this to him."

"Uhh, sure," Alvin replied. "See you in the parking lot."

Chandria hurriedly went towards the parking lot so she arrived there first. While she waited for Alvin in front of John's car, she couldn't resist snooping around John's phone. She knew it was wrong to do so and that it was highly against her moral ethics. However, she just told herself that she had to know what John was really planning. She was browsing through his messages when one message in particular caught her eye. It was from one of John's teammates, Lucas Perez.

From: Lucas Perez
Thought of any revenge against your half-brother yet?

To: Lucas Perez
Just wait and see, Bro. He won't know what hit him.

"Chandria?" Alvin called from behind her.

Chandria was surprised and she immediately exited the message before facing Alvin. "Alvin! Thanks for meeting me, and, uhm, here's John's phone."

"No problem. You said it's your phone that's in his car?"

"Yeah. We went to school together so... yeah."

"I didn't know you were that close," Alvin frowned a little. He opened John's car and looked for Chandria's phone.

"It's in the backseat," Chandria pointed. "And we're not. He's asking me to design your jersey."

"Really? Here, I found it," he handed her phone to her.

"Are you okay with it?"

"Of course!" Alvin smiled. "Let me see the designs too so we can choose as a team, okay?"

Chandria smiled back, "Thanks, Alvin. Anyway, I have to go. Please don't tell John about this little mix-up."

"Sure. But wait, have you seen Bee, I mean, Liz? I have to ask her something."

"What, you're finally confessing your feelings to her?"

Alvin was shocked, "You knew?"

"Yeah, Lex and I noticed it from way back. But we thought it was best you say it to Liz yourself. She's probably in the Hall already though."

"Right. Anyway, thanks, Ria. See you around."

"Good luck!" Chandria waved before walking away.

Chandria was wondering to herself how Alvin and John became best friends when they were total opposites of each other. But now she was sure that John really was planning revenge against Wolf which she was sure somehow involved her.