Chapter Two

Clarice approached her private quarters with Severus besides her wondering if it was appropriate for them to be alone in her private quarters. Surely they were allowed guests.

"Salamander," She said and her door swung open.

"You shouldn't tell others your password." Severus stated plainly while following Clarice into her living area.

"Should I be worried that you know mine?" She asked him.

"No, but I wouldn't trust some of the other professors here like you apparently do with myself." He replied.

"Like who?" She asked while taking off her shoes; Severus did the same and she directed him to her bedroom where her case was. Lucy and Ricky greeted her instantly, but steered clear of the strange man that was in their room. She quickly introduced him to her pets.

"You'll have to find out for yourself." He said while taking in the warmth of Clarice's room. She had a fireplace glowing in the living area and her bedroom as well. It smelled like warm cinnamon in her bedroom and honeysuckles in her living area. He admired a wooden piano in the corner and wondered if she could play well.

"Do you play?" He asked her.

"A little, yes. It's good for the creatures and plants. Music I mean." She said and took out her case. She placed it on a pedestal and Severus watched a grassy path lead to a door that magically appear in the wall. Clarice opened the door to reveal a green house with the most rare and exotic plants Severus had seen. Some of these, he knew for a fact, Hogwarts didn't even have. He so wanted to ask if he could pick some for his potions, but didn't think it was the right time to be asking for favors. She walked him through the greenhouse to another door that lead them outside.

Even though he knew they weren't really outside, it was pretty close to the real thing. The sun was shining down and he noticed multiple terrains throughout the area.

"The first creature I want to introduce you to is Penelope, my niffler." Clarice bent down and picked up a creature that resembled a platypus. Severus knew about them and the trouble they could cause if they get out, but it looked like Clarice had them pretty secure in here.

"Hello Penelope." Severus said, but didn't touch her.

"Okay, who's next."Clarice said while walking towards a cave. Severus followed cautiously and saw her surrounded with a pack of creatures that looked like llamas.

"These are my mooncalves. Cute right?" She asked him while throwing pellets out for them to eat. "Do you know much about them?"

"A little, not a lot." He replied.

"Well, during full moons, they do these funny dances that create geometric shapes in fields. Muggles blame aliens. Silly right?"

"Very." He said and she moved over to some birds that kept disappearing and reappearing in other spots. "Diricawls?"

"Yes! They were known as dodo birds and muggles believed they went extinct, yet here they are. They're just really good at hiding." She said.

"Is there anything dangerous in here?" He asked her.

"I already told you no. The most "dangerous" is probably the murtlap over by the swamp area. They'll bite if you step on it." She used air quotes around dangerous because she knew no creatures were truly dangerous, unless they felt threatened.

"Are there more?" He asked her.

"Yes, did you want to meet everyone?" She asked hoping he would say yes. She hated to admit this, but she enjoyed his company even though they got off to a rocky start. It seemed nice to finally spend time with someone other than her parents.