Chapter Fifty Five

"I don't understand how you can be so bloody perfect at everything except dancing!" Severus teased her as they sat on the couch after practicing in their living room for two hours. She frowned at the man.

"I've practically got two left feet Sev. I am not and have never been a dancer. Mom tried putting me in ballet when I was three and I cried in the corner the whole class because I couldn't do a simple plié." She told him.

"Ballet huh?"

"Oh shut it. I know you're trying to imagine me in a tutu right now." She said and he chuckled.

"Will you be ready for tomorrow? To teach?" He asked.

"I suppose. You're helping right? I'm not doing this alone." She said.

"Well...."

"Severus! I am not teaching your students!" She yelled. "I said I would help you."

"I'm going to look ridiculous." He complained.

"I can't believe you were going to throw me to the wolves by myself." She scoffed.

"You know I love you, right?" He said quickly. She sighed.

"Yes and I love you too, but you're like really annoying sometimes." She laughed. "Perhaps I'll ask someone else to be my dance partner."

"Who?" He asked esther quickly, clearly jealous of her statement.

"Well... I suppose I could ask Hagrid." She joked and Severus chuckled. "Or Albus."

Now they were both laughing. She loved days like this where they could just relax without a worry and just be themselves.

Christmas was merely two weeks away as Sevrus and Clarice walked towards the Slytherin common room. She was surprised to see all of the furniture had been removed and it was now quite spacious.

"Professor Dumbledor has asked me to teach you dunderheads how to dance." Severus began his speech and Clarice slapped him.

"There's going to be a dance this holiday on Christmas. I think it would be in all of your best interests to learn this so your house doesn't make a fool of all of us when it's your turn to dance... and yes. We are all dancing." Clarice took over the thoughtful speech she was sure he had rehearsed. She heard some cheers and some groans... some laughs and giggles.

"Now the dance is quite simple. It's only a waltz and is basically four simple steps." She continued. She observed the room all of the boys were on one side and the girls on the other as if they were scared of mingling with one another.

"Professor Snape and I will do a quick demonstration and then we'll begin the lesson." She said and she flicked her wand to let the music begin. She held onto Severus' hand, her other on his shoulder.

"Please don't let me fall on my ass." She whispered to him.

"Never." He said and she saw his lips curl into the softest smile. It was only for a minute they danced and when they pulled apart, half of the room had goofy grins on their face while the others jaws were open and nearly touching the floor.

"Alright, now partner up!" Severus shouted at them to bring them all back to earth. They scurried like mice to try and find someone to dance with. Clarice spotted Draco standing off to the side without a partner. She looked around seeing everybody else had a partner and noticed some of the girls had partnered up with eachother.

"Dance with me?" Clarice extended her hand to the boy and he scoffed while rolling his eyes.

"I don't need a partner." He said.